Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

gt4

Old 02-26-2005, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You can't even play online, that's like STUIPD in most console games now.

Also, I got Game Informer today, they gave it a 8.25.

Resident Evil 4 got a 10, 2 times.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:29 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

personally i love the game. they even added the rally tib... smile.gif. anyways. out of the 20 cars ive gotten in the simulation mode, there are some very pointless cars in there, but for the most part it seems accurate to me. now i gotta start to look at settings....something i always did suck at in gt3. i would give the game a 9.5 or so.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:44 PM

Vehicle: Honda

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
You can't even play online, that's like STUIPD in most console games now.

Also, I got Game Informer today, they gave it a 8.25.

Resident Evil 4 got a 10, 2 times.

I give Resident Evil a 2 and Gran Turismo a 10.

Ad Informer's reviews are less reliable than mine. Said it before, will say it again, Gran Turismo 4 is the best console game ever.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:45 PM

More nitpicks/things that make this game SUCK ROCKS.

You can't use Super Soft Racing tires in a 2 player game on a non-"Race" car. Basically, unless it's a car that you won/purchase as a "race" car, you can only use "sport" Tires (hard medium soft), not the super sticky race tires. Really stupid.

You also cannot have the driving aids turned on in 2 player. That's right. No traction control, no skid control in 2 player racing. It also turns the driver aids off in single player every time you go into 2 player, so you have to go back in and turn them back on for single player arcade races. On the beginner/small/wimpy cars, no big deal. Buy try driving a 900+ HP Rear Wheel drive car through one of the tight city tracks over slippery cobblestones. Trust me, you'll miss it so much it makes 2 player worthless.

In the "used" car sections, it lists one HP/Torque figure. LOOK CAREFULLY. When you go to actually BUY the car, it will list another HP/Torque figure. Then buy the car, check the HP/Torque of the car in your garage. Yup, a THIRD HP/Torque figure. You can then get a fourth figure by changing the oil. WTF????? Finally take the car to any race, then wait for the replay. The HP/Torque reported in the "replay" screen is your Fifth HP/Torque figure. 5 different HP/Torque figures and all you did was buy a car and change the oil.

There is also some really bad "screen shake" on many of the races in single and 2 player mode. Strangely, all the "replays" and "movies" are flawless.

I'm writing both Sony and Polyphony and asking for my $49.99 back.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I played it at futureshop today with the mad-cat wheel. GARBAGE. The game on the other hand was pretty good, more of the same. I didn't mess around with the replays or anything cause I was getting the eye from the clerks after taking on a 7 lap rally with the accent car. LOL

I did though get to see the replay as I was leaving, it was better the game IMO. The hp/torque thing was not an issue other than it didn't show up. The GK is slow and is labelled as an '01. Menu wasn't too bad but I couldn't get into the Gran Turismo mode cause there was no memory card. Maybe that's where the problems were
Old 03-01-2005, 09:08 PM

Korean version gt4's get RD2's and we dont.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56743

More than likely most of you never knew that there is a special version of GT4 set for release on March 10th in Korea, for those that did you can give yourself a big pat on the back. The Korean version features all of the additions to the NTSC US/PAL versions and more! Well some new cars and that’s about it.

The NTSC and PAL versions got thirteen bonus cars when there really should’ve been twelve. The extra vehicle added was the Proto Motors Spirra, which I’m sure many of you have gotten your hands on already in the NTSC version. Five exclusive vehicles were originally to be included in the Korean release but with the Spirra slipping through onto other versions the number of exclusives has decreased to four. They are,

Lexus IS200 GT-1 Race Car (2004)

Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence (1999)

Hyundai Tuscani CCS (2003)

Hyundai Click Type-R (2004)

Sources and more links -
Ruliweb thread where more images and movies can be found . Korean opening sequence and replay, Official Korean GT4 page, and information on a GT4 promotion.

I can’t understand Korean nor could many online translators so I couldn’t make much sense out of the text but I just thought it'd be nice to see what everybody that isn't getting the Korean version is missing out on.

Sucks
Old 03-01-2005, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Can someone get a hold of RICK maybe he can pick up a couple versions. I'd buy it just for the turbulence.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

well that sucks for us... .02.gif
Old 03-01-2005, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Had to laugh at the fact that 3 of the 5 unincluded cars were Hyundais.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:58 PM

Mmmm

Sony sucks.

menus suck.

b-spec needs to be more challenging.

like driver fatigue.

But more importantly. I want my damn RD2

I wonder if we coudl do a car transfer?

How would the american game take the korean one. My guess is the car is there. Its just locked out.

So a car transfer proabbly will work.