Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Gots 2 Be....

Old 02-17-2007, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

today my buddy and i were installing headers on his 2nd gen Altima. we got everything but ran into problems on the midsection cause the ends of the bolts were rusted on so bad we couldn't get it off. pounded on it for countless hours and torched it. so i had the idea of getting clamps and clamping the downpipe and midsection together. i was only dicking around but when we got to the hardware store i found 1in c-clamps. we got 4 of them and clamped the dp and mdsction together and it worked. two on top and two on bottom.

we figured it was ghetto as hell but it worked! he's only afraid of the clamps falling off but fvck it, he's planning on a cat-back anyways. out of all the ghetto exhausts we've done this is got to be the most ghetto job ever!

forgot to mention this is in 20 degree weather, so we had to get it done as fast as possible before it got really cold.

sorry if this was kinda long.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:13 PM

A few guys I knew back in my mustang days used to do it that way but they would weld one side of the of the clamp to one of the flanges so they could'nt fall off, they did it so they could drop out the H-pipe(center section) and run open headers once they got to the track, it seemed to work for them but I never tried it.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:22 AM

The old hardware store/ automotive store that was near me ( still us, under new owners who cleaned out all the cool crap) use to sell header clamps. They were a small bolt on clamp that could be use to replace broken bolts and studs