Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: STD of choice...
HIV/AIDS
4.44%
HPV - Genital Warts
4.44%
Herpes
8.89%
Gonorrhea
4.44%
Syphyllis
0%
Chlamydia
11.11%
Crabs
8.89%
Chancroid
0%
Other
6.67%
Never Been Tested, I'll take one of each!
51.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Got Std's?

Old 11-08-2006, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Im clean, thank god.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:59 PM

after my mom got pregnant with me she started getting really sick... it turns out she had aids...
so naturally i was born with aids for a short time untill my body developed its immune system
but ive always been on "high" alert for the diesease

my mom ended up passing away 4 years after i was born and amazingly my dad never got it

im gettin tested for the first time after having sex in a week or two
Old 12-06-2006, 06:15 AM

So I was living in a shared house with my new girlfriend (now my wife of 36 years). We had a room upstairs. In the room below us was a threesome, 2 guys and one girl. I'd known all three for some time...the girl I'd known intimately one time a few months before (and before the threesome thing developed).
One day one of the guys came up and told us he had caught crabs and that we should check ourselves because the clinic had said it could spread through the house (only if you get intimate). Man was I freaked when I picked this speck off my groin and the freakin critter started wriggling its legs. After shaving and applying the cream the critters went away.

It was real neighbourly of the guys to tell us instead of keeping the problem secret. It also occurred to me that she had told them that I might be infected from her and none of them said anything to my girlfriend.
I have to respect them for that.
We all immediately moved house.......not that the house was to blame.smile.gif

Condoms won't stop you catching crabs....only staying away from the "c" will do that.

Edit to add this: Facial herpes can be spread from someone with a weeping 'cold sore' but I'm not aware of any other way of catching it. If you or your partner have a cold sore (even if it's just developing) then you should keep your mouth and saliva to yourself....including using your own towel and not sharing anything that goes from mouth to mouth. Use Zovirax or something to keep it in check and heal it up faster. These awkward sores spring up just when you are at a low ebb or lacking sleep which doesn't help. Once the sore has cleared you are good to go and won't infect anyone. My wife and I both suffer occasionally with cold sores....by following the advice above...we only ever get them on our mouths. smile.gif By using Zovirax they usually go within a week and sometimes are stopped from developing altogether. By keeping fit and having a good diet and plenty of sleep we may only get one or two a year...
The virus is for life once you catch it.. 02.gif It seems to be more likely to appear in sunny weather .... or just before a special occasion)

So I could only vote once and chose to click crabs....the only other (through no special skill of mine) thing I could tick is the Herpes one but I don't class mine as an STD.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:56 AM

Toxic_Love is correct, I am 21 years old, and had "coldsores (facial herpes as some of yall call it)" since I was 12ish, get 1 every couple of years for a week or so then gone. Odd no idea, maybe genetic idk, just one of those things life hands to ya and there is nothing u can do about it.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 PM

I ended up with Chlamydia because of my whore ex and had to take crap loads of Zythromax to get rid of it. STD tests suck balls but they are worth it if you plan on being irresponsible with your recreational areas.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:40 PM

Yep I just got tested... Im good. I was having a scare since ive felt like shit and lost like 85 pounds without changing anything in my diet... Im 6'5'' and weigh 165 now.. I was down to 150 but I was sick as f*** when I went to the doctor and they decided to test me for a bunch of shit, including HIV... I was nervous as f***.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:11 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Why would someone put this as a topic of discussion?? Im not trying to be mean or anything... just confused??

PS: Clean...
Old 12-19-2006, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Oftentimes, reading the FIRST POST IN A THREAD, will answer all of your questions.

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Feb 15 2006, 09:22 AM)
With this thread that we are all talking in about the possible cure for AIDS being found, and the subsequent discussion of STD's in general, I thought this could be an interesting, if not SHOCKING poll for us to run here.

All I want is for everyone to vote in the poll. This isn't if you KNOW someone with one of these, this is if you personally have or have had one of these STD's in your life.

You CAN post if you want to about your experience, your treatment, whatever, but you don't have to. Just the vote is what I want.

Please, keep it on topic, and don't put anyone else down.

This is being done basicly as a way for us to show all the youngsters here, that yes, everyone can get them, and how many of their friends online have them.

I'D LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT WE HAVE NO WAY AT ALL OF KNOWING WHO IS VOTING FOR WHAT, SO YOU CAN VOTE IN CONFIDENCE. IF YOU ARE STILL AFRAID TO VOTE, FEEL FREE TO PM ONE OF THE SUPERMODS OR MYSELF AND WE CAN EDIT YOUR VOTE INTO THE TOTAL.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:18 PM

hmmm... Did you guys know that the strain of bacteria that causes conjunctivitis or "pink eye" is the same strain of bacteria that causes chlamydia? Thought I share that neato bit of info laugh.gif So remember guys, if your bangin a girl with pink eye, keep your penis out of her eye. lol. Never had an STD, had a scare once... tested, found out I was just dumb. If you hold your pee in too long because you've been drinking 3 hours straight it can a pretty painful urination, symptom of chlamydia. also thought my urine looked cloudy, another symptom of something in your system. The clouded urine you see is actually highly condensed with bacteria making it look cloudy. Eventually puss ends up leaving your dick. ew. Apparently me being drunk and my vision already a blurr, I thought my pee was a blurr, lol.