Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Got to love some ebayers.

Old 03-04-2005, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got to love some ebayers.

I recently sold this person a dvd and then within 3 days of me shipping it he immediatly left me negative feedback and stated that I never sent him his item. Since I didn't ship it with a tracking number I really have no proof that he never received this item. So even after the negative feedback I have refunded his money. But what I find extremly entertaining is the letter he sent to paypal reguarding me. So for your enjoyment here it is:

Buyer's Name: arnaud ******
Buyer's Email: ******@limogeshingedbox.com
Buyer Note: Actually i am contacting you because i receive an email stating
that someone has put a bad feedback saying that i was trying to scam him ???

As you can see i bought the item: 5953505532 on January 30 january, 2005,
and i paid using paypal id: 8UE74913TX450112C on the 31st January. I NEVER
RECEIVED the item and as you can see i am a really good buyer on ebay, i
never had any trouble and i bought for $$ a lot of monney. I am very
upset, and i am a lawyer, and I am ready to take legal action against that
pers for "difamation". As Ebay is legally bind to what is said about their
client, Ebay is responsible for the "difamation" and can be legally and
monetary liable for any prejudices done to my reputation because of that
lie. You need to fix that ASAP before I take legal action. Thank you very
much, and sorry for being so arch but as you can understand i am very
upset, so please solve that trouble ASAP.

I majored in law for two years and have several family members that are lawyers and I have yet to see or here of some the terms this person uses. Oh yea the lot of $$ he is referring to is $19.95 Anyways I got a kick out of it.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I don't think he's a lawyer...............just a hunch, lol.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:24 PM

Gee what makes you think that ?laugh.gif:
I've dealt with people like this before and all they are is a waste of breath and time. If he wants to take legal action he's more then welcome to fly up to ohio to take me to court for $19.95 I'm sure small claims isn't doing anything important anyways.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

small claims??, nah.......in today's world this type of problem is solved by the almighty Judy Judy herself.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:38 PM

Oh your right because it was lots of "$$ monney". Probably best if it was brought to the big dogs. Man if this guy is a lawyer I feel sorry for his clientel.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:45 PM

I had the same type of thing happen - not quite as funny as yours but still irritating. I sold this kid my cd player for $40 and it worked perfectly fine when I took it out of my car and he was saying he was getting an error 3 which in the owners manual means you were putting the cd in wrong (upside down). and I told him that 3 times but he still left negetive feedback saying I misrerepresented it. He claims he put it in right so I told him to go back and check the wiring but then he told me a business did it so I told him to take it back but he didnt and just kept telling me about error 3. I just ignored eventually b/c I wasnt gonne refund something I knew worked. I can deal w/ 1 negative feedback. The rest are all 100% I'm so tired off people on ebay
Old 03-04-2005, 12:48 PM

WTF...isn't the phrase "defamation"? Not "difamation"....I'd say maybe it was a typo, but they did it twice lol.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:51 PM

Yeah, ebay can be a lot of fun when you are dealing with the same people that you see at the county fair. I bought a cell phone faceplate once, and it was broken, so I emailed the company for the situation to be rectified, and they never got back, so I left a negative feedback. They then said that they handle all their own email and always answer it, and that I sent a partial payment.
I think that ebay has become the business for people that can't run a legit and ethical business in the real world. Instead, they can scam and hide to their heart's content.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:11 PM

QUOTE (jToIeB)
WTF...isn't the phrase "defamation"? Not "difamation"....I'd say maybe it was a typo, but they did it twice lol.

Theres no way thats a typo??? The letters are on opposite sides of the keyboard...Ignorance/utter lack of intelligence are more appropriate.

People like that.....ALL they do is surf Ebay all day and try to scam people.

And this just goes to show WHY you need to either send a tracking number, or use USPS's Delivery confirmation service.

QUOTE ("raehtz10")
I think that ebay has become the business for people that can't run a legit and ethical business in the real world. Instead, they can scam and hide to their heart's content

SR/TSR/EF anyone?
Old 03-04-2005, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Just so you guys know.

USE THE POST OFFICE.

If you PRINT up your own shipping labels from their site software, you get delivery confirmation FREE.

Yup.

Free.