Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Good reason to carry a gun with you at night

Old 12-01-2014, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Good reason to carry a gun with you at night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClPZINVp0y8

Old 12-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Here's hoping they called the cops after encountering that 'roadblock'. There are many reasons to carry a gun at all times. In the USA, roadblocks are not very high on my list, but now they're on it. Much more likely to be carjacked in my neck of the woods, and flashing a pistol at the right time can be a very good channel changer.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I hold a CHL and have a 6" hunting knife sitting between my seat and center console. Try it.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Originally Posted by Stocker
Here's hoping they called the cops after encountering that 'roadblock'. There are many reasons to carry a gun at all times. In the USA, roadblocks are not very high on my list, but now they're on it. Much more likely to be carjacked in my neck of the woods, and flashing a pistol at the right time can be a very good channel changer.

2 am in Beaumont Texas. I am sitting in my elantra - not the new one.. an older one.. getting gas. Its freaking cold outside and I didn't want to stand in the wind. Gas station is split with pumps on either side, but the guy I see walking up is either coming from behind the station or took a weird arc around the building. He appears to be using the pump and the support for the cover to hide his approach. When he comes around the side of the pillar he is surprised to see me looking right at him. He stops dead.. good, keep your distance. He asks if i have money for gas. I say I only have my card and the only way I could help him would be to pre-pay a few dollars to get him on his way. He says something along the lines of "no fool, you are going to give me mon..." while he is saying that he reaches in his coat pocket. He never finishes the sentence before my Glock 21 clears the top of the door and he is looking at the .45 of an inch opening already trained on him. I don't get the weapon fully up before he has turned and started to run. 10 feet or so and firing with my arm resting on the door - not going to miss that shot. I didn't see where he actually stopped running but he was gone. No car on the other side.

So I agree. It can save you from a robbery or car jacking. The only bad part...

What if he didn't have a weapon. Not sure if he bluffed or if he did have a weapon but I was faster on the draw. All I had was his motion, words, and general attitude. Would it have looked the same on the camera? Did they have sound recorded? If not would it have looked like I gunned down some unarmed saint that I am sure his family would have said he was trying to preach to me at 2am at a gas station.

*I did report that but of course they found nothing they could use to find out who was doing that.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Crazy stuff.

Did you take a shot? Or was that a hypothetical shot?
Old 12-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by WytchDctr
I don't get the weapon fully up before he has turned and started to run. 10 feet or so and firing with my arm resting on the door - not going to miss that shot.

Reads like an hypothetical. I'd call this a Bad Shoot. Goblin running away before your gun is fully presented is reason enough to not wax somebody.

Oh and JonGTR there's no try. Carry, or carry not!
Old 12-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

It happened - just bad at typing out the story - and I did not fire. Had I shot it would have been easy to hit the threat; unless the adrenaline surge threw me off. He went for his pocket after what he said, I was quicker, but as he saw the weapon clearing the door he immediately turned to run. Shooting at him disengaging in a dramatic "i just sh*t myself way" would have been a bad shoot. Had I not had the weapon I would have been robbed or worse.

this may have helped:

"What if he didn't have a weapon" ::add to that:: ", he kept coming, and I would have fired. "

Just never knew if he really had something in his pocket or not.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Doesn't matter. Changed his channel, even if he was going for the thumb-and-finger-pointed gun in his pocket, or a cigarette. Very few things say "go away and leave me alone" like a firearm muzzle.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Honestly better to draw and not have to shoot any time.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:53 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

But, don't draw unless you are prepared to kill whatever you're threatening to shoot