Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Good Deal On Tires And Service?

Old 08-01-2007, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I needed my wheel bearings replaced (the front ones) on my Tiburon and I also needed a set of tires for the front and back for inspection (which ran out on the 31st). Well, I tried replacing the front bearings, but I didn't have the one tool to take them out, and I don't have a press at the moment, so I took it all apart for nothing.

Well I talked to some people and my mom suggested going to a local shop around here that did her and my dad's inspections, so I decided to take my car there and have them do it (They quoted me at around $120 (a ballpark of $120) for both front bearings to be replaced (I already had the bearings) and that didn't sound too bad to me).

While I was there we talked to the guy who owned the shop and told him that it ran out of inspection the next day but we had to run to Newville (around a 45 minute drive from my house) to get some tires. Needless to say, the owner told us not to do that, and to get tires from him because I will "fall in love with these tires. They hug the road, best tires you can get at a good price, you buy one set from my and you'll be coming back for me." He called (and after a couple minutes of trying to get the right tire size (they didn't list the 195/55/R15)) he told me it would be $89 a tire.

Now, because we've been there before and he likes us and appreciates our business and my mom telling me to come to his garage he told me he would cut me a deal. He said with everything done [Both front bearings, tires, balanced, mounted, disposed, inspection] he would cut me a break and he would charge me $525.00 flat.

I was just wondering if that seemed like a good deal to you guys. The tires are Mirada Sport GTX's 195/55/R15's. Let me know what you guys think about that price!

(By the way, my car drives like a dream, feels like a new car. I couldn't imagine it making THAT much of a difference!)

Thanks!