Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Go Kart Racing

Old 03-20-2012, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Accent
Default Go Kart Racing

Any of you guys have any fun go kart tracks where you live? I think its a lot of fun and enjoy it greatly. Indoor tracks tend to have faster karts than the out door ones imo. We should set up a national meet somewhere that has a track and get a bunch of HA members race each other
Old 03-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I do it occasionally although I have a distinct disadvantage due to power to weight ratios lol.

I also have done a lapping day on a go kart track with my Accent.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

We have an indoor track near my place in Quebec (Hull). I live in Ontario but close to the provincial border. The cars can hit 80 km/h+ it's pretty fun. One problem, the track is in Quebec, people speak french in Quebec, the people that run the track don't seem to like english people (which isn't a problem most places in Quebec). Last time I went they booted 3 or 4 out of 9 people in our group off the track, during a race, for "bumping"! It's not like we were doing it on purpose and it's not like the go-karts have brake lights! I haven't been back since.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It's more fun (and dangerous) in other countries. Here the local track they go like 15MPH. At the track I raced in Spain they would go like 50. My wife went a**holes over elbows into the tires one time and the track staff were not too happy I ran across the infield (leaving my kart on the track) to see if she was ok. She was. They also had gas powered minibikes there.