Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

The Gm Masturbation

Old 01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Isn't onstar like a separate company? Wouldn't that be like saying they contributed bose stereo systems, or viper alarms?

QUOTE (ABQelantra @ Jan 1 2008, 07:48 PM)
fukyou.gif Wow if that wasn't one of the dumber comments I have read on this forum. pretty sure we all drive hyundai's and what has that company done?

Have you looked at the beauty of the tiburon? GM vehicles look like GM vehicles, like a hummer.. a oversized box designed for offroading and they suck at that. I know, I've had plenty of hummers stuck in the mud.

Hyundais, especially RDs are art on wheels.

I'm with HKC.. GM sucks. They buy stuff from other companies and take the credit. Any company can buy rights to onstar or even make a gigantic brick get stuck in the mud. It takes engineering to do it elegantly, or think for yourself.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:20 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This whole argument reminds me of the argument for legalizing pot, both sides can argue till the`re blue in the face. Its good! Its bad! Blah blah blah
Old 01-03-2008, 06:45 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Nothing wrong with a little debate here and there, as long as it doesn't turn into childish name calling.

QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Jan 2 2008, 04:30 PM)
^^ Isn't onstar like a separate company? Wouldn't that be like saying they contributed bose stereo systems, or viper alarms?

Wikipedia - OnStar

"OnStar was founded in 1995 as a collaboration between GM, EDS and Hughes Electronics Corp. Each of the founding companies brought a specific area of expertise to the enterprise: GM brought vehicle design and integration and a distribution system of millions of vehicles, EDS brought much of the systems development and information management and customer service technologies, while Hughes contributed communications and satellite technology and automotive electronics."

Even though they weren't responsible for developing the system, but they had to integrate it to their vehicles. The electronics in Cadillacs these days are ridiculous. The most annoying feature ever is the dinging when the sensor says your tire pressure is too low...but its not actually low, the sensor is just shot from when you hit a pothole...lol.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 AM

GM also brought that variable cylinder thing to the market.. where the car's computer can shut down 2 or 4 cylinders depending on what is needed in the way of power.

Yes, I can remember the Caddilac 4-6-8 and the nightmare that was.. but the system is perfected today