Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Gk Gauges Colour Help?!?

Old 10-21-2006, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GS-R V6

Hey all,

I have a quick question that i could use some expertise/help and advise on. I just got a 2003 Tiburon GSR V6 and its black. The dash gauges are red.....now i have like 40 leds and an underglow kit from my 2001 tib that got toalled that i was planing to put into/on my GK...BUT they are blue!

so 2 things! Whats your opinion... black and blue OR black and red

AND

Heres my other issue....since i already have everything in blue id perfer to stick with it but if i deicde to do this, does anyone know where i would buy blue gauges to match????????????

Please help me out!!!!!
Thanks , Lisa Marie
Old 10-21-2006, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I've always been a huge fan of black and blue, I have that theme in my RD2.

A few options for blue gauges; you could simply replace stock bulbs with blue ones. Or you could get the EL gauges DrivingTibNaked is selling. Or you could get the Bros gauges from Kspec withe the bulbs recommended.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:51 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ thanks, but the el gauges won't work on his vehical. they work only on RD2 or clusters from RD2 put into a RD1 vehical.

We have reletively few GK owners on this site. You may want to check with http://newtiburon.com/ . They collectively have more knowledge then we do on GKs. I'd say just replace the bulbs, but there may be alot more to it. I know they have kits available on Ebay for $30 and you can buy GK needle glow rings to turn them blue.

If you'd like to send me a cluster I'd be happy to do a full LED conversion on your gauges, about 40 LEDs for the price of $130, which is cheaper then just buying parts at radio shack. $3.50 per LED and $1 per 5 resistors at the shack.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Word.
You're right DTN, I totally forgot she had a GK... Kept mentioning the RD2, and that went out of my mind.

Other options besides replacing stock bulbs would be the Bros Maxtrim from Kspec or the other one on Kspec.

Do they even make EL gauges for the GK?

Sorry for the confusion!
Old 10-22-2006, 09:37 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ya, EL gauges are VERY availble for the GK as is every other part.