Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Genesis Coupe - Triumph Of Rdtiburon.com

Old 03-09-2010, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I just left work, and as I pulled out of the driveway I pulled up beside a Red Genesis Coupe. Now my lack of details on this vehicle will be obvious, so please forgive my upcoming misses on technical points of the latest edition of our beloved cars. Not to mention my extremely dated member references. Leave those alone too. If you're a real member of this site you'll know who I'm referring to. Just take this post as a thread from a guy that misses this community and remembers spending countless hours patrolling this site waiting patiently for the next member update like it was the next sugar pill for Kit-Fox after a line of cocaine.

This was not my first time seeing one, not by a long shot. The car has been around for a while. What caught my eye today was some of the exterior details that I know for certain Mad-Machine would be in love with. What I saw today was exactly what we as members were begging for years ago. And proof of that can be found in old Group Buy threads begging for the fin-like radio antenna's, which are now standard. The old battle of RD1 vs RD2 vs 3rd Gen, is gone. They've pulled them all together. They have done something that HyundaiKitCoupe can't complain about!! You have the lines of the RD's but the presence of the GK. And I haven't even touched on the performance side of things.

With the Rear Wheel Drive now in the picture the true tuners like hamhead, JonGTR, and Raven here in Buffalo, would be in their glory! That alone brings the sports car tag along for the ride and makes it sit shotgun. My spec knowledge is poor. But I know that Hyundai has come a very long way from the days of us trying to bypass MAF systems and garbage ECU's just to pull that last bit of power out of those Beta's. Random and SOCKS could probably have a field day with this one.

I may be way off course here, and for my newbness I apologize. I just saw this car today that reminded me of all the countless hours Java, REDZ, Sparticus, and Tibby01 spent keeping this forum clean and organized. And since I didn't know any better. Hyundai took the best ides you have had on this forum, and made that car. Too many things are emerging from that vehicle to be purely coincidence. I still miss my RD1 and to this day it hurts that I didn't get to finish her. But its times like this that help me remember that there is a community here, no scratch that, a family, that is second to none. I can only hope it continues.

With that I bid you all farewell, and I will see you around. Keep on taking care of these beauties! Because it looks like they're attempting to take care of you.

~Cody
Old 03-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Dude... I haven't seen you in like... 2.5 years? Good to see you posting, but don't be in such a hurry to post 'n run!! Hang around a little and hang out.

Nice write-up btw...
Old 03-15-2010, 04:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

good to hear from you man, and yes the genesis coupe is awesome.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:17 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

good to see you post man. you should still swing by more often. i miss some of the old timers...
Old 03-15-2010, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Hahhaa no doubt boys.

I check in from time to time, mostly keep up on the new female members in the off topic thread dedicated to them lol

But it all seriousness I do stop by to see some of the cars, and its awesome to see so many sick rides on both sides of the performance/exterior barrier. Its tough to stick around when you don't have a car to modify!! Lol

I'm driving an 04 TL right now. If you thought Tiburons were th to get stuff for......