Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Free Ipod! (for Me, Don't Get Excited)

Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Great success! We had a productivity contest where I work, and I got 2nd prize: an iPod touch 8GB. Another guy had a slight lead, and the manager decided to tease him about not even being in the running, so he was really working for it . . . and he won big time.

My Darling Wife has been bugging me for years to get her an MP3 player and this came to me 2 days before her birthday.

When she heard I had got her something from work, I don't think she was expecting an iPod! nana.gif
Old 12-04-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hmm so what did the first place guy win? lol Nice win though and great timing i'm sure you planned it all out tongue.gif
Old 12-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

32" LCD HDTV, a Panasonic, I think.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

2 days before her birthday and no other present yet? you are a brave one!!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

That's called faith. Or playing it by ear. One of the two.

I got my girl a friggin' car for her birthday last February. Wrapped and everything, she found it on her lunch break one day at work. So I think I'm set.. That or I screwed myself and will have to one-up a car somehow next year..

By the way, where the hell do you work. When I do good, productive work at my job all I get is ...more work.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Don't get me wrong, attaboys are as rare here as anywhere else, but this is an easy way to boost morale and productivity at the same time. The last part of the year is usually a slow time for us because budgets are dry at customer companies & people spend their tinkering money on presents, so it's a good time to try to get more productivity out of our workers. The more stuff we put op for sale, the more we sell. Go have a look at the shop online section of our website and you'll see what I mean when I say we sell pretty much everything.

Playing it by ear, for sure. I was going to get her some other stuff she's been asking for. It's not like they close the stores just for her b-day you know! wink1.gif