Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Free Energy

Old 05-25-2006, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

OK... gas prices have been a big issue lately. I don't know how many of you are familiar with Stanley Meyer, but he invented a car that runs on tap water and was murdered back in 1999. The film Chain Reaction was inspired by this. The technology has been around for a few years now, but we will probably never see it's realization. Gotta love corporate power. Here's a link to a video about his invention

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...92194168790800

and a little about the technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Hydrogen_car

Any thoughts or conspiracy theories?

Discuss!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

There was a news thing on here the other day about some new type of system these guys here in NM have perfected and are going to market. You can use it on your car with minimal modification. It uses an electrical charge to split the water into a gas, not Hydrogen and Oxygen, but water gas, single sets of H2O. Anyways, they showed it working and everything. You don't even have to use distilled water. You get the stuff for your car, the generator that makes the gas for your garage (looks like a welding machine), and that it costs about .70 to make a full tank of gas. You can mix it with your regular fuel system and more than DOUBLE your MPG. I need to find that again.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Incredible technology!! Hydrogen, a VERY flammable gas mixed with pure oxygen... Quite a fireworks show! It is interesting that the Arabs so badly want him to stop (a billion dollars to quit - wow!!), but it's easy to understand why. The movie didn't mention anything about him getting killed even though it was in the title; did i miss something?
With that gas generator thing you mentioned, redz, are you basically making your own gas in your garage from water? Can you run exclusively on water, or does it need some real gaz in there to make it work? BTW, do you know the company that's doing the work in NM?
Anyone have any idea if this would adversely affect the power or performance of the car? Fuel mileage is obvious, but what other affects does it have?
Wow, I'm full of questions on that one! wink1.gif

SE
Old 05-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

speaking of conspiracy theories....

I remember hearing of a theory of 100 or so people that had mysterious single car accidents, or committed suicide, or disappeared, all during the Clinton administration, all with connections to the whitewater scandals. Maybe the entire Lewinsky thing was a cover up for that shrug.gif
Old 05-26-2006, 01:30 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

The story is similar to "the Tucker" the late 40's car that was WAY ahead of its time...that would put many companies out of business, his work was destroyed and his name tarnish...i'm not sur eif her was murdered... but an AMAZING car with many options of todays cars, like headlights that turned to see around corners
Old 05-26-2006, 03:27 AM

Wiki:

An Ohio court found Stanley Meyer guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" in a case brought against him by disgruntled investors. The court decided that the centerpiece of the car, his water fuel cell, was a conventional electrolysis device, and he was ordered to repay the investors $25,000.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:48 AM

First off this guy seems pretty stupid. I do have a higher education than him, and he is either ignorant to everything or is lieing. Theres no way you can run a car by just water and having the product be water. There is no such thing as perpetual motion machienes (if you dont know why go read about it). And def no ones that create energy. Calling his invention a water splitter its called electoylsis. Also I'm bnot to sure about this but doesnt NASA use hydrogen as fuel?
Old 05-26-2006, 07:52 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Some of the greatest geniuses of our time never completed any formal education. wink1.gif Both the military and NASA hired him to work on his technology. They wouldn't have if it wasn't real. And this film was shot BEFORE any news of him being killed. It was to introduce his ideas and show that he has made a lot of enemies. Just like with the Tucker car case some investors tried to tarnish his name. He was already receiving death threats along with buyouts. After his death, any of these companies could have come in and intimidated the family to sell the patents to them, and sit on them so this will never happen. It's crazy to think that a normal internal combustion engine has the possibility to run on nothing but tap water!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:59 AM

Not everything is true. He was probally lieing about being hired. There is no way to run a car on tap water. Also the Tucker was totally different it was just a good car. What this guy did was a lie. The only thing that they would possibly they would want from him was the more efficient electrolsis machiene. Just read a little chemistry and you can see why you can make energy by making H2O into O2 and H2 then makeing it back to H2O. You cant make energy like that.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The stuff I'm talking about was called Aquagen or Oxygas or something. I'm trying to find it all out.

You have to combine it with regular gas I belive, but to more than DOUBLE your MPG?