Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Fox News Host Jeanine Pirro Gets Ticket for Speeding at 119 M.P.H.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 tib
Default Fox News Host Jeanine Pirro Gets Ticket for Speeding at 119 M.P.H.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/n...ng-ticket.html

Ms. Pirro, a former Westchester County district attorney who now hosts the Fox News television show “Justice with Judge Jeanine,” said in a statement that she was unaware that she was going nearly double the speed limit of 65 miles an hour.

“I had been driving for hours to visit my ailing 89-year-old mom and didn’t realize how fast I was driving,” she said in the statement through a Fox News spokeswoman. “I believe in the rule of law and I will pay the consequences.”

Old 11-22-2017, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

I'm sure there's no doubt that every single one of us has sped in a car. But have any of you looked down and realized you were going triple digits.. without realizing you were doing so?

I've never been driving, even on long trips, and been so unaware of my speed that I was going 100+ without knowing.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

On a bike, yes. In a car, no.

It really depends on the car though. In the tiburon, or really any other eco car, going 100mph seems like the car is going to fall apart. The wind and road noise is deafening and you tend to feel like you'll wreck if you hit a bump just right. My 3/4 ton truck and Avalon are a completely different story. 100mph feels like 40mph in a Tib.