Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Fooling MAP Sensors

Old 09-22-2002, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fooling MAP Sensors

Hey guys! I hope someone will be able to help me with at least this question. (Since I'm yet to get a response...let alone an answer to ANY question I've EVER asked in here!)
What I want to know is the EXACT method of using a check-valve to bleed off boost before it gets to the MAP sensor.
Any other ideas for doing this would be welcome too, 'cause I hear that the check-valve method isn't very reliable.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:19 AM

Hey Tango...Waz up mon? Yo, I wish I knew...but you know me...I get confused with my own s#it!

Im sorry I really wish I knew. Im only a "frustrated" mechanic at best...

Good luck.

Nubione.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:57 AM

check valve to blleed off boost before it gets to the MAP? WHAHAHAHAHH

think about it, thats like saying, hey lets bleed of fuel from the injectors before gets into the engine.

Have not heard of a check valve used in a boost situation, but they use bleeder valves. they bleed of boost to the waste gate acutator, so it sees less pressure then there really is, there by increase pressure.
Old 09-24-2002, 07:40 AM

What you're talking about is geting the waste-gate to open later, hence more boost. Ehntirely different thing. Our cars use what is called a MAP Sensor (Manifild Absolute Pressure Sensor). What this does is tell the engine whether the intake manifold is getting vacuum or not. The non vacuum pressure is 1 bar or atmospheric pressure. If this MAP sensor senses boost, ie more than 1 bar, it does a veriety of things to the engine. One of which is to shut it down! So what tuners do is to blled off this boost signal before it gets to the MAP sensor. Thus all it sees is 1 bar.
My problem is finding out EXACTLY how and where the check valves (usually froma fish tank plumbing system) are used to do this.
Old 09-24-2002, 07:45 AM

why not post this in the engine forum?

BTW... we know what map is... wink
Old 09-24-2002, 11:08 AM

WE know? Not too sure about that one. YOU may know, but that other guy seemed rather stumped with the idea. If WE all knew his response would not have been as if it was a ludicrous idea. I'm sure he's all for the better now. As for posting in the engine section...I kinda like it in THIS board. Thanks, but no thanks.

[ September 24, 2002, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: tango ]
Old 09-24-2002, 11:11 PM

Yep...if that "other guy", you are referring is me...hell yea man! All I know how to do is press the gas pedal and run everybody over....

THanks for the explanation of the MAP...by the way.

Nubione.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:26 AM

Lets see how fast you get an answer on THIS board then...

rolleyes.gif

Map is nothing special... its just a sensor

Theres more than a handfull on the boards that have MAP sensored cars

By factory and by custom
Old 09-25-2002, 09:04 AM

Oh no, Nubie. Not you buddy. I was talking about Shadohh (sorry Playa...was just too lazy to scroll and check your name). And jaws, don't get me wrong man. I appreciate the suggestion. But I always ask questions here for the benefit of the Group. Personally, I hardly go surfing around Team SR...I tend to stick here. Perhaps that's why I hardly get answers to my technical questions here!! But I like to help others and if my questions can help others (provided I get a rresponse) then I've done well. Lemme go see what else is around this Team SR...hmmm..
Old 09-25-2002, 10:01 AM

Hey Tango...hope UR doing fine man...and all the Jamaican ladies that are doing the butterfly dancing to the mad vibes of Dancehall...as well as all the fine Daewoo Brothers in this fraternal society....

This society of non-conformist wink choosing, and or driven toward selecting a brand of vehicle that just by looking at it...says...hell no...I do not conform with others when it comes to my vehicle...and or personal views..

BY selecting a Daewoo you have opted to make a statement of difference in your world...making other conformist's of the world head turn and ask themselves.....

Did'nt they go out of business? While driving by and smoking their @ss...

Feel the power of Daewoo....Big Brothers...Be Proud...but if you do win the lotto...get another car...and keep your Daewoo for show...just a suggestion...

Sorry...did I ramble...D@mn...you guys pretty soon are going to "run" me over...

Later...

Nubione.

By the way Tango...I have learned about our cars within this forum more than I knew yesterday....so this is The Place man...