Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

FnF "Big Bird" Skyline GTR to be Crushed

Old 05-29-2012, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default FnF "Big Bird" Skyline GTR to be Crushed

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...50873446113141

A De Pere man has avoided a possible prison sentence by agreeing to the destruction of his two rare Japanese muscle cars, one of which appeared in the movie "The Fast and the Furious."

Authorities seized Justin Beno's two Nissan Skylines in 2010 and intend to crush them this week after giving Beno a brief chance to collect a few personal belongings from them. The two cars together cost Beno about $75,000 and have a sales value of about $100,000, he said.

Beno, 32, faced several felony counts relating to conspiracy to commit fraud and possessing vehicles without vehicle identification numbers. In a plea deal, he accepted responsibility for three misdemeanor counts in exchange for giving up his cars.

"There's no doubt I broke some laws," said Beno, who claimed it's all due to a misunderstanding. "I have no problem accepting consequences on the charges that were fair … but this was taken to a degree that is just absurd."

That's not the way Brown County Deputy District Attorney Dana Johnson sees it. To him, Beno knew exactly what he was doing, tried to circumvent the law and should count himself lucky he wasn't convicted of something worse.

"I thought the punishment was appropriate," Johnson said. "I guess he doesn't think it was fair. I thought it was very fair."
Old 05-29-2012, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Crazy what the courts are willing to do to people... At least the guy is not out murdering people in cold blood, robbing banks, or smuggling drugs. He just has a hobby, give him a break, have the VIN's processed and make him pay/work for them.

Why not repo the cars, take the $75,000 and give it to a children's hospital?

Miserable.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I like how ICE has enough time to single out skylines which have generally been bonded and state registered, which SHOULD render them legal, because they are "a threat to nations security." No sh*t, they use that line as an excuse time and again when confiscating Skylines and that model alone. Try asking them about the 100 or so 959s in private collections, still licensed and driven regularly, that seem immune to this ruling. Lotus 340Rs, Pulsar GTiRs, Honda Beat, various TVRs even CTRs seem to fly under the radar every day. It's sickening. It really is. I know several owners of odd-ball vehicles and the only group actively pursued are Skyline owners, and perhaps Eunos Cosmos to a much lesser extend. Even greymarket Stageas seem to be immune.

Seriously, protect the federal borders, not our garages.

edit: Apparently this one was not bonded, which is a big goof on his part.