Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Finally Got A Real Job With A Good Outlook.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't feel like reading all my BS, go to the bottom lol.

Well, I finally got a REAL job. I have been in and out of jobs for the past year or so. The economy sucks up here so I really had no choice on the jobs that I took. From high school to April 06 I was a CAD technician doing civil engineering, then i got laid off. From then on I had crappy jobs like precast concrete quality control, ice delivery, bunch of false leads, etc. But now I finally have a job that looks like it'll not only last but I am completely stoked about.

Some of you might know that my brother totalled his car a couple weeks back. Anyway, he wanted me to help him look for a decent used car that would fit him. We drove all around to different dealers and private sellers and found nothing. Then I had an idea to go to the local Hyundai/Mitsu dealer to look at cars. We went there, he spotted a car, and bought it. Its a 1999 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder, just a GS but really nice.

When we were looking at the car on a saturday, there were two people at dealership, general manager and the owner. Long story short, I got to talking to them and they realized my love for not only cars, but hyundai and mitsubishi, and they realized that I knew a good amount about cars by the way I was looking for things in the car and talking about it.

They offered me a job, doing internet sales/salesman at the dealership. I obviously said I was interested. Hyundai and Mitsu are my favorite brands, and now I get to work at michigans biggest dealer. I also said I was interested in working in the shop if any positions opened up. They told me they would try and get me working fulltime doing internet sales first, and might offer me a part time weekend job working in the shop.. So not only to I get to sell Hyundais/Mistus and be around them all day, every day, I might get to work on them too. I'm so Stoked, this is like a dream come true. wish me luck.

sorry for the long post, but im just so happy I got a job thats fits me perfectly.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

nice! hook a homie up with a cheap Hyundai! wink1.gif
Old 08-02-2007, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

That's great! Congratulations!!! Hope it works out well for you.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

hey man congrats, good to hear you finally found something thats consistant and you enjoy.im still looking too, finally graduated so i can work full time, i got like 3 interviews tommorow, hopefully they go well.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

I already knew about this just wanted to post so i could hit 1,000...so yes im a whore...

But congrats...well deserved
Old 08-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

That's good to hear socks! fing02.gif
Old 08-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

you're not gonna give up delivering ice are you? omfg.gif

that right there my friend, ....DREAM JOB!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

From CAD technician to auto salesman... What a letdown... But it's Hyundais and Mitsus, so good work! Really glad you can now have a good job, lets see some more mods!! cool.gif
Old 08-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

gratxorz!11!11!1one!11!!!1eleven1!1!!!111!!1!!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

sad thing is though. if this job stays steady for a year or so, i will probably be selling the tib and getting a new eclipse GT. after my intial interview, i test drove an 08 eclipse GT 6 speed.. such a nice car.. quick.. comfortable.. good stereo.

they run like a 14.4 stock, 263hp, 650 watt 9 speaker rockford fostgate stereo. mmmm