Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

feeling the market

Old 01-30-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default feeling the market

well, i'm thinking about ditching the tib and buying a c230 mercedes sedan. the tib is too time consuming and i want to get into club racing, but would rather buy an old miata and make that a race car than deal with the inadequacies of the tib (fwd, etc..) and try to make it a race car. also, my car is not too professional for an accountant to be driving to clients. here's the deal. how much do you guys think a tib in the following condition would be worth?
    [*]5 speed swap[*]nicks and dings (a few on the hood deep enough to get tiny rust)[*]paint bubbled up on the wing[*]speedo not working[*]71,000 miles before speedo and odometer stopped working (about 85,000 realistically) - i'm working on the speedo issue now[*]intake/headers/exhaust - exhaust sounds like **** due to leak at gasket (fart sound) and keeps popping out of rear hanger and rattles on rear suspension even though i constantly put it back on the hanger[/list]about the only good thing i can say is that i've changed the oil with mobil 1 every 3k miles. smile.gif i have a dent i'm going to get fixed though, so the guy said he'd touch up the paint and fix any nicks/rust spots, so i don't think that'll be an issue when i sell it. i figure i'll either have to find another car/hyundai guy that wants a project car or i'll have to part it out to get any money. i don't want to know what a mercedes dealer will offer for a car in mine's condition as a trade in.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:58 PM

What year is your Tib?? That and your milage will be the biggest factor...If I were you, I would go to the bank and check out their blue book to see how much it's worth.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:02 PM

By his name, id say 2nd gen? Even so, its not too much of an issue as the year.. Id say a dealer will only give you around $4000 if you have all the dents/chips fixed as a trade-in..