Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Fancy-schmancy

Old 12-08-2006, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when I get to work today, the new 2007 Amanti catalogs for the US market came in. Let me say that Kia has really begun to produce a fine auto. Now I know that the Caddy of the East has been a big success in Korea, but the US market gets a heavily slimmed down version. We don't get the cooled beverage holder or the nav systems and driver assist. Not even the power folding side view mirrors come here, even though the Azera has them.

The new Rondo (Carens) that showed up the other day is probably the finest example I've seen in person of the fit and finish in the new Kias. Even the interior style is superlative, which is something rarely said about any Kia. The movement of switches and the feel of the materials is rival to any Japanese marque.

I am personally quite eager to get the new Amanti on the showroom floor here so I can see for myself the ever increasing prowess of Kia's designers. If there's anyone out there who's looking for a nice car with a lot of features and thinks the Avalon is priced too high; the new Amanti is something to wait for.

There's even been rumor of a Kia Performance Dept. opening for US consumers. After the release of the Cee'd and Pro_cee'd in Europe, I'm very much looking forward to that. Whenever it is I retire my RD1, I hope Kia has an answer. (The new 07 Tibby looks like a damned Cougar)
Old 12-08-2006, 12:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hyundai/Kia = hawt.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Honda Accord EX

This goes for everybody:

postpics.gif
Old 12-08-2006, 10:43 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

DTN, I think you might have a little case of Off topic syndrome. Or maybe a BIG case. Wouldn't you agree?

Your posts will be deleated and you'll be warned smile.gif You went off topic 100 times in one thread.LOL

BMW's have nothing to to do with the 2007 Amanti.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:37 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'd like to point this out. After I mentioned that BMW:

QUOTE (jmn822000 @ Dec 8 2006, 06:37 PM)
This goes for everybody:

postpics.gif

Which i took as he wanted to see pix of both cars mentioned.