Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested?
Yes
100.00%
No
0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Fall Ne Meet, Greet, Show, And Shine

Old 07-29-2005, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I almost always work saturdays (It is when people generally have their parties) I want to put together a meet for the first weekend in October. The first is a saturday, the second is a sunday, I want to do this on sunday.

I am leaning towards Cheesequake state park in Northern New Jersey (exit 120 on the parkway) for it's access to both north and south. Very easy to get to and it is not far out of the way for anybody.

What I want to do is something similar to REDZ ABQ BBQ.. a nice meet and greet.. but I also want to do something of a show and shine. If we can do that, I think an owner judged show would be best. Everyone who shows up with a car gets to judge the other cars. The one with the most votes wins... next greatest amount gets second, and there is a third place as well. This should keep some enthusiasm up and bring in the max amount of cars.

If everyone likes this idea.. I will foot the bill for the group rental of a picnic area. If we do the show and shine, I would ask that everyone who wants to attend to PM me their home address and I will send you back a packet with an entrace form. Because trophies are not expensive, a small fee from everyone would easily cover it. The more people who come, the cheaper the fee.

What do people think? Honestly, the best way to run a meet is to have or two people handle most of the details. I am also modeling this off of a lot of the smaller meets that my italian car owning friends do. Those are generally a lot of fun and a great success.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:24 PM

that sounds like a winner. nothing like a little showboating to bring people out.

do you know of any places we could go cruisin' or to take some pics? someplace scenic would be cool.

this is plenty of time to put in for the time off from work. we could even start the meet & greet on Sat. night somewhere and finish off on Sunday.

count me in !!!
Old 07-30-2005, 11:25 AM

Yea dude, ill be there fo sho.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:51 AM

well, as I stated.. this is actually not far from Sandy hook with the historic Twin lights of Navisink, the ancient (one of the oldest standing) lighthouse on sandyhook, and just the general NY skyline across the bay if you go all the way out to the end of Sandy hook itself.

I will have to take a couple of days and go up there and finalise some plans and look around to see what is availible.

As we are more than just Rd Tiburons around here (there are a couple of other hyundais that always show up) I have a question.. should we just have a show for the RDs.. or should we do something for the others too.. "Best other Hyundai"?
Old 07-30-2005, 11:57 AM

In my opinion, the more the merrier.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:09 PM

ya id be up for this, i can prolly get a couple gk's to go if you want more ppl
Old 07-30-2005, 12:10 PM

make it one big happy family affair. we can do a best Tib & then a best Hyundai...
Old 07-30-2005, 07:40 PM

that would cut down the number of awards.... for each catagory

Best Rd
Runner up

Best GK
Runner up

Best Other Hyundai
Runner up.

Of course, if I can know who is coming and wants to show (I am going to be anal about this) We can tailor that... if we get a bunch of Gks, Rds, and a few Elantras... I can tailor the trophies to fit.

I will get more info out as I sort it all out and get it together.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i would definately be interested. my car would definately probably still be in stock form (For the most part) but i'd throw money in to the show and shine stuff.

i just wanna meet all you bastards tongue.gif

and tibby01 and tibwrcsbj... aren't you guys from maryland? thats not far away at all... why don't you guys show interest in this??
Old 08-04-2005, 06:29 AM

glad to see so many people like the idea... 02.gif

Anyway, I am going to go ahead on this and see about getting it together and off the ground. Then I might post it in the "shows and get togethers" area