Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Fake DNA to alter gene expression

Old 11-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Fake DNA to alter gene expression

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/...expression.ars

This suppression of inflammation by I-BET is a proof of principle for drugs that that can selectively regulate gene expression by interfering with the assembly of histone dependent transcriptional complexes on the chromosomes. And it demonstrated that the epigenetic state of genes—the presence of acetylated histones at their promoters—is a phenomenon we can exploit to therapeutic ends.
I found this article interesting. What I see coming from this is a potential treatment/cure for Arthritis and Crohn's disease. In the form of a 'drug' it could pinpoint and regulate genetic responses, such as inflamation related to arthritis/crohns.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I don't know what to make of that, but I read an article about gene expression. This spring, some science lab over here synthesized an entire DNA strand of a bacteria by inserting human DNA using gene expression via chromosome insertion during DNA sequencing. It's pretty interesting that these microorganisms can be engineered to do special tasks.