Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   Fahrenheit 9/11 (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/fahrenheit-9-11-a-25268/)

REDZMAN 06-24-2004 05:40 PM

Destroyed? Degraded?

How?

Mad-Machine 06-24-2004 05:41 PM

so.. Moore is a communist.. big deal.. some people would call me one too.. that is the beauty of this country that a lot of people sometimes miss.. I am ALLOWED to have a different opinion than you. It is one of my rights to say bad things about my president and his decisions... provided I vote of course... if I don't vote, I lose all credibility...

"america, love it of leave it" does not work for me... Because I love it, I disagree with it. As for the movie.. I have not yet seen it... but if it makes ONE person think, it is a worthwhile film.. much better than the mindnumbing trash that hollywood puts out today.

UltraTibby 06-24-2004 05:47 PM

Destroyed: What besides making the lasgest deficit the country has ever seen?

Degraded: How many other countries are laughing at us over Iraq? Lets see went over there to find weapons...... Big suprise none there. Oh and then magicly good old G-Dub says that it was all for the "war on terror". You know, if we didn't poke our nose where it didn't belong to begin with we would never have been attacked.

REDZMAN 06-24-2004 06:08 PM

We've had a larger Deficit. What has it affected you?

It hasn't. A deficit has nothing to do with destroying a country. The country is doing better than it has in MANY years.

Degraded?

How many countries are laughin at us? None. We went over to iraq to keep them from developing further weapons and to get rid of the ones they currently had. We did find hundreds of artillery shells filled with Mustard Gas. The media discounted it because it's a VERY old Chemical Weapon. We destroyed hundreds of missles they were not supposed to have. Also, quickly forgotten. It's not good news. You seem to forget there is such a thing as Dual Use facilities. You can make baby powder at a factory, and change it within an hour to produce over 2 tons of anthrax spores per hour. That's also not a threat anymore. The Russians had them too. Their ciggerette plants could be changed within 6 hours to make bullets. Mobile weapons factorys, destroyed and captured. It's been shown, but discounted.

The deal is you have to KNOW about WMD to understand these things.

The war on Terror was started way before Iraq. Their names were called out and they knew we were coming.

As for not poking our nose into where it didn't belong, come on. Ever hear of World War 2? Did that help us there? No. Clinton kept our nose out of Iraq, and now we have 9/11.

Wake up folks, stop watching whatever is on the popular news. Educate yourselfs, then see the truth.

cjme2002 06-24-2004 06:34 PM

go redz!

**gets upon soapbox**

people like michael moore seem to forget what it was like after 9/11. that day, EVERYONE wanted to bomb the fvckers who killed our people. our country wanted revenge. but since justice wasn't swift, people got tired of it and said "why are we doing this?" how quickly we forget. if moore had released this movie a week, even a month after 9/11, can you imagine the backlash?

another thing: just think what would have happened if hitler or stalin had been captured in their time? would 7 million jews have died? would tens of millions of Russians died needlessly? NO.

i wont be seeing this movie. i think the guy is a complete douche. but Mad Machine has a good point. because we live in america, we can debate about this topic. not everyone has the same opinion and that's what keeps life interesting. so i think michael moore and non-Bush supporters have bogus arguements. oh well. that's my right to think that and it's their right to think i am wrong.

in all seriousness, i think people forget two things: there are people behind the people in charge and the financial sector has it's ups and downs. you cant blame george w. bush the man for everything in iraq. and you cant totally blame him for the budget deficit and financial situation. we will always have a national debt. just face it. it's not going to go away. who has $6 trillion to give up? exactly. it's years and years of build up. the stock market was moving at such a rapid pace in the 90's it had no where to go but down. even if gore became president, it would have dipped during his term. there's no way to get around it. even though the stock market dropped dramatically, it still stayed higher than it was at the beginning of the 90's.

BOTTOM LINE: $hit happens. there are going to be wars, there are going to be financial crises', there are going to be times of peace and prosperity. one man, no matter who he is, doesn't have strict control over these events. yes, his decisions will have effects, but this stuff will still happen

**off soapbox**

4U2enV 06-24-2004 06:48 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>How many countries are laughin at us? None.</div>
.... more than you think.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>BOTTOM LINE: $hit happens. there are going to be wars, there are going to be financial crises', there are going to be times of peace and prosperity. one man, no matter who he is, doesn't have strict control over these events. yes, his decisions will have effects, but this stuff will still happen </div>

touche. you make a good point. your a master-debator.

lmao.

f/ck it i dont care. i saw bowling for columbine, wasnt anything special, i figured most was BS. and so what if he's a communist?...not like the states will ever be under communist rule. right? let him say whatever he wants, who cares, most people dont.

Arch93086 06-24-2004 06:50 PM

I don't have a soapbox or anything, but I can certainly tell you that he's one of the biggest idiots I know anything about. Long story short. Lol.

Sparticus 06-24-2004 09:26 PM

WANT A SSBC big brake kit?

first thing... i've had a couple of off topic posts get locked due to 'off topic' replies. i don't want this to happen. keep things civil

second. by me calling Michael Moore a communist pretty much means that this man, who probably on September 12, 2001 wanted to personally go overseas w/ an M-80 and shoot everyone and everything that got in his way. Then, a year later, when we are making our move, or finishing it (i don't remember dates) he says "what's the point? we found nothing" and thinks that we did wrong. We did wrong?! you fvckin kiddin me?! we got this generation's Hitler out of office.

President Bush gets a lot of shiite for his decisions involving his handling of Sept 11. But, you know what? He got this country united. whether you agree with his decisions or not.... his actions after 9/11 were that of a hero (lack of a better term). I was literally moved by his speeches to the united states. i watched the television, glued to it, proud of us, and proud of him. I feel that if Al Gore were president...we might not have been as united. I feel, if Al Gore were president... everyone would hate him too. The fact of the matter is this: George W will be elected in November. I think that this country would rather go with what we have already been going through instead of sitting w/ a new president who just doesn't know where he stands on anything. i hate how he's (Kerry) my senator, but what am i gonna do?! tongue.gif

Michael Moore takes snippits of facts and pastes them together to form nothing but lies. he's trying to get more people on the Michael Moor bandwaggon, and unfortunately....it's gonna work.

i'm done for now...

Tank 06-24-2004 10:06 PM

michael moore is a genius smile.gif and im going to see it tomorrow and i bet it'll be even better then bowling for columbine smile.gif

paperstsoapco 06-24-2004 10:15 PM

My Track time...eh

yea, ignorance is bliss, $hit does happend and its BEEN happening, i agree completely and totally with shark,redz and crime.

*Comment, while appreciated and sometimes agreed to, is OFF TOPIC and will start a huge fight with the folks in Canadia. Their genitals aren't ALL mutilated wink.gif *