Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Facebook ID Cards

Old 02-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Facebook ID Cards

http://fbbureau.com/

Its an interesting concept, and I can see their theory becoming true in the sense where people will ask to see FB credentials, versus government issued ID.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I see, and dread the day. I really ought to get onto my own facebook and clean it out entirely.

I mean, if somebody wants to track you down or find dirt, they can do so with ease. However, I don't like the idea of anyone being able to google me and find out which personal photos I forgot to set to private, or easily hack into my personal details. If you connect-the-dots across the internet, you could probably find out a huge amount of information about one person. For example:

-FB will tell you all of their surface info and give you some aliases

-IP address will give you an idea of where they live

-Maybe they linked their account to photobucket, flickr, or twitter. That just means there are more potentials for security slip ups, photos, locations and usernames to leak

-If you have their email or a username, most people have common usernames across different forums. Sign up to these forums anonymously and find out what they have been posting and which special interest groups they are in

Like dayum, I am not skilled with computers at all, I'm just an 'end user' so to speak, but already I can get a pretty solid profile of somebody without breaking any laws or trying to hack things etc.

It makes me uncomfortable every time google inc takes over another program that I use, because eventually I can see myself using an iScan to check that my eyeballs and fingerprints match my online profile each time I use the internet to shop for my newspeak dictionary at walmart.