Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Excessive or justifiable?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 2.0
Default Excessive or justifiable?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY5io...layer_embedded

Sounds like 2 cops shot out about 4 or 5 times each. To me, seems a bit excessive with someone who didnt have a firearm and just a sledgehammer or what ever that was he was carrying.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Hmm...the LC2 Accent blocking the view has clear corners. I still have to get around to doing that.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

This is why we can't have nice things. How on earth is that reasonable force? Oh well, I'm sure the courts won't mind.

Floyd, if you're interested in clear corners, I can get you some AUDM ones

Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Wow, that's a LOT of chrome. I'll just take my spare set apart, since I would have to paint those ones anyways. Thanks for the offer though!

I should have you send me a dozen or so Aussie grilles (to save on shipping cost per unit) and I could re-sell them here.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

That thing he was carrying was a conduit bender. Typically 1/4"+ thick cast aluminum on a steel pipe handle. Will f*cking kill you dead to catch either of its pointed ends in your head.

The cat carrying that tool was 100% for-sure going to try to bury the end of it in the one cops head. Body language was ALL about going on the attack, then the thing comes up to shoulder height like a baseball bat. That's murder minus one second and I would have shot him too.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Sure thing Floyd, we could definitely work something out. There are a few USDM oddities that I would like as well. Even for Hyundais I don't own.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Well, if you think of anything, let me know.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I would have pulled the trigger for that..
Old 01-25-2012, 11:43 PM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

Police are trained to do exactly what they did. People need to understand and have more respect for them. A guy holds a gun and says stop, you stop, how easy is that?

One it is too difficult to shoot someones arm or leg or just disable them, two, they would get sued if they did this somehow in this jacked up country. So they have to shoot to kill, so no 4-5 bullets each is not excessive, it ensures they are dead. The typical kicking doors in mentallity is two to the chest and one to the head, but when there are innocents around/behind and you can't risk missing a head shot, so you shoot the chest, the big open target, and make sure you get 4-5 shots off.

If you don't want to get shot, it is too easy, don't 'wind up' with a massive weapon that looks like it could kill a police officer. Just like any American should do if they are threatened by a guy and say stop, quit walking towards me with that massive weapon, try to mace you, and then they attempt to still swing at you...you have every right to shoot them too, and you don't want to get sued or miss so you put a few shots to his torso.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

You had a dog in your hands. Would have taken the dog about 1 second to disable him, especially considering his face was already pepper sprayed. But no, cops are free to shoot to kill at any sign of retaliation. I absolutely agree that the perp shouldn't have had the weapon or turned toward the cop, but I hardly see that as an excuse to shoot him 10 times. Seemed like the second cop just fired to get in on the action; the first 3 shots from the first cop already dropped the kid, there was no reason for the second one to open fire. And they didn't seem concerned at all about the fact that there were so many civilians around to be firing that many bullets.