Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ever been laid off and then saw that the company made a big mistake?

Old 01-14-2013, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Cobalt Blue Tib
Default Ever been laid off and then saw that the company made a big mistake?

Talking to a buddy of mine today and he was telling me how the company he used to work for keeps calling him and asking him to come back. They laid him off about a year ago. He did all their IT work. They laid him off because they thought they could save money by outsourcing his job to a 3rd party company. They have been having alot of problems over the past year because no one has been able to work up to his standards. He found a new job pretty quick after he was laid off and has been at the company ever since. He loves where he works and has no plans to leave but thought it was funny how the company shot themselves in the foot and now are begging for him to come back. Anything like that ever happened to you guys here?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

^^^ that sounds like a pretty rare situation. IMO, most people think they are irreplaceable at work when in reality any half trained monkey could probably do their job just as well (and that includes me and my job).
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Not in that sense but I got fired from a job then a few months later a buddy I worked said he saw the manager that fired me at the work force trying to get a job. If she would have kept me and couple of the good workers she fired instead of keeping the people she could talk bad to, would partake in her drama, and treat like sh*t who didn't work as good as I did they just kissed her ass then she still might have her job and run the store.