Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Eastern State Penitentiary

Old 10-20-2010, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tib
Default Eastern State Penitentiary

So, there's a new contest to do Eastern State Pen completely alone. I would LOVE to do this! Anyone else?

Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary Will Offer 13 Visitors an Extraordinary “ALONE” Experience

Philadelphia, PA (October 14, 2010) – Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary, presented by Lukoil, America’s largest
haunted attraction, will offer 13 visitors an extraordinary experience: tour this massive haunted house, in a real prison, completely,
totally, ALONE.

The 13 visitors will be selected at random from names submitted on the event website. One visitor will be selected for each of the final 13
nights of the haunted attraction, from October 20 to November 6. Each visitor will enter Terror Behind the Walls completely alone.

(Those too terrified to make the trip alone may bring a single guest.) Each winner will also receive $50.00 in LUKOIL Gas Certificates.

These 13 visitors will then be entered into second drawing. That winner will return with 5 friends to Eastern State Penitentiary to spend a full night in the cellblocks. The group will be given a final gourmet dinner inside the prison, be joined by a professional storyteller at midnight to hear ghost stories related the Penitentiary’s history, and will camp in the abandoned cellblocks alone until breakfast.

Members of the public can enter the drawing on the event’s website Preview page (www.easternstate.org/alone). There is no purchase necessary. Each winner will be selected at 2:00 p.m. on the day before their evening in the haunted attraction.

Didnt Ghost Hunters do a special there and have actual proof of ghosts? I think Mtv did an episode of Fear there too.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I've been to both there and Alcatraz.

I've never really believed in any of that stuff, its more the mentality you set your self in when your think a place is "haunted". I would have no problem going alone, but i feel it'd just be boring lol