Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

dumb ricers

Old 09-26-2010, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default dumb ricers

Yesterday coming back from Virgin fest late at night on the beltway, some hooked up "sedan" on the left lane flew by, and not a second later another "sedan" flew past us on the right doing about 90mph, dodging through traffic. He squeezed through the two diagonal cars in front of us and both disappeared out of sight behind the bends.

My friends and I immediately began agreeing how silly, and retarded those drivers are, and how that kind of stupidity can cause accidents.

All the sudden we come up to sudden buildup of traffic out of nowhere, unheard of late at night on the beltway! At first we thought it was a sobriety checkpoint ...on the beltway?! Then we begin joking around that it was probably the street racers that flew past us.

Low and behold. We quickly discovered what had caused it. Debris everywhere, smoke coming from everywhere. To the right there was a passenger car had wrecked into a tree, with the sedan that flew past us earlier was damaged with smoke coming from the engine. On the left was the other sedan that flew past from the left with smoke coming from all over it! The car behind him was all crumpled up. Police units from the nearby station had passed were being dispatched few minutes later.

It's no wonder cops crack down on street racing and hooked up cars. It's people like this that give us a bad reputation. My word of advice is, try not to drive late at night, and always check behind you.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Rule of thumb: "Nothing good happens after midnight."

Also: street racing is stupid.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Every browsed a junkyard and looked under the hoods of cars. Most cars have performance stickers somewhere under the hood and are all smashed up. People over drive their cars just cause it has a k&n filter on it. krazy.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

if we had left 50 seconds earlier it could have been us at the wrong place!

this is something they would get thrown in jail for. i wonder if it'll make the news. i kind of wonder who the hell was driving and what the condition/injuries of them were. afterall, they very likely crashed at over 100mph.