Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Drunkiness Is Bad.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well guys, I'm back and the Tibby is still running fine.

I'm pretty much a totally different person; I quit drinking to get drunk and I'm doing other things to help me get my mind off of drinking. Drinking seriously ruined my life and I'm trying to get a fresh start on life. I've been to AA about 4 times (5 if you count 2 different nurses) that was nicely provided by both Veterans, active duty and civilian clinics. First 2 times I failed to show up; 3rd time I showed up once then left. Then I took a blood test and my doctor said that my liver enzyme count was extremely bad and I was threatened with diabetes. So he hooked me up with a different "AA", but this time it was one on one and it worked (avoiding diabetes was my main concern). I started to get violent and hurt a lot of innocent people because of my stupidity.

What really surprised me is that even with my weird attitude on RDtiburon, a few remained with a positive attitude towards me. I told myself that I need to be like MajikTib, HyundaiKitCoupe, the Canadian dude with the hot wife, TibbyChick and all others I missed, in real life.

Here's some events, not in exact, but similar order, that happened to me since 2002:

-Discovered Drinking

-Started to drink with friends after work almost everyday

-Started to drink by myself after work and start talking shit on the internet

-Drinking more amounts of beer each day.

-starting to show poor work performance

-Threatened with Captain's Mast (article 15 in Army lingo) for being drunk on duty(hangovers are still considered being drunk)

-AA

-First blood test; liver showed signs of scarring.

-Discovered Whiskey, drank less beer and more whiskey.

-Lost all of my friends because of violent behavior

-Went on a date with the girl of my dreams, on 2nd date, she noticed my heavy drinking and dumped me because she had a previous boyfriend who drank heavily and raped her.

-Threatened to get kicked out due to failed PT standards.

-AA
-AA again, actually showed, left after one session.

-Got out of military

-Punched my friend's brother for no reason, he threatened to call Police.

-Started to get headaches and high blood pressure

-Went to Civilian AA and got blood test. Doctor said my liver is in poor condition and I have pre-diabeties.

-Lowered my drinking habit

-Got kicked out of RD Tiburon

-Got GI bill, went to school, discovered gym.

-Going to church more often

-Lowered drinking to 1 can of beer pure day.

-Now I drink 1 glass of wine every Saturday. If I'm at a party or friend gathering, I drink only one beer and sip very slowly.

-Doctor said that my enzyme count is back to normal and blood pressure is now normal

-Right now I'm getting my life back together and trying to get my degree.

More things happened but I'm sick of typing. One last word, if you are a heavy drinking, I'd advice you to quit drinking to become drunk.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome back man. Its nice to see you have a new outlook on life and sounds like you are doing just fine.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:59 AM

I haven't seen you before as i'm fairly new and you probably haven't been on much, but way to go on figuring things out and working to stop drinking fing02.gif i've had a problem like this before, although not quite as bad, and its tough but once you get through everything it feels great. I should show this to my friend who has been drinking a lot lately and is changing for the worse because of it. I think it would help bring her to her senses before anything really bad happens.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:18 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Glad you turned everything around before anything bad happened to your health, hope you keep it up!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:47 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

hey man just glad another sailor made it though it...
Old 09-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Now that's a story I can relate to . . . I'm glad for you. Welcome back to life.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

KR - I'm glad you're on a positive path, and I hope that we can act as another way to keep you honest and sober. You're one of very few people that were able to get themselves banned from our site, but we have faith that you will be able to return without issue.

Welcome back.

It's good to see you limiting your drinking to only one can of beer per day, and one glass of wine on Saturdays, but I'd encourage you to pursue at least a few days a week without any alcohol. It's easy to just have one more, and 'just one more' glass of wine could easily trigger feelings or memories.

Let us know if there's any way that we can help.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Thanks all.