Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

This Drives Me Nuts!:mad:

Old 07-12-2007, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

http://health.yahoo.com/news/177292 blowup.gif

The parents first and foremost should be held responsible for this "stigma" as they called it. They are the people letting their children eat shit for food and then sit in front of the computer or tv all day. Then when their child comes home crying they empathize with them and give them a hot fudge sundae and tell em to watch a movie(cause that is going to make things ok right now). This just drives me up a wall how can you have a child and then set them up for failure like this? You know society views overweight people with a negative eye, but yet you do this to your kids anyways... Why?
Get the crappy food out of your house. Have a family meal once in a while. Talk with your children. Whether they hate it or not, it's your job as a parent. Include your child in cooking. You will be suprised how much of the healthier foods they are willing to try, when they helped to cook it.

Sorry for the rant, but I just went to check my email and saw this article and had to vent it somewhere.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:28 PM

drillsergeant.gif Get your lazy ass off that couch and give me twenty! drillsergeant.gif

I totally agree with you. It is extremely sad how we must feel sorry for people that just dont want to take care of themselves. If you can't handle getting made fun of then do something about it, don't just cry in the corner and eat more. To many people let way to many things effect them. Nobody wants to live for them self anymore, they let magazines tell them how to live.

People need to get their own life not everyone elses!!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:45 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

This is the part that pissed me off the most:

"It comes amid a growing worldwide epidemic of child obesity. By 2010, almost 50 percent of children in North America and 38 percent of children in the European Union will be overweight, the researchers said.

While programs to prevent childhood obesity are growing, more efforts are needed to protect overweight children from abuse, Puhl said."
Old 07-12-2007, 05:23 PM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

i think i am the only one here to speak for other overweight kids, i was always active and still am, and was skinny up till when i was 8 years old, once i turned 8 i started gaining weight, but was always active. its very hard, other children treat you very bad, so bad that i attempted to hang myself in grade 7 but lukely i survived. but once i got to high school it became a mixture, i still got made fun of, but it wasnt hard for me to get a girlfreind, especially a good looking one, i was the MVP on my highschool football team, i was never popular with popular kids, but i was popular among the misfits.

even through all of grade 12 id get made fun of because of my weight, my mohawk, having stretched ears,chain hanging out of my pants, the list went on and on, but personally i believe it made me a better person.

and as for anyone saying its because i dont exercise enough or eat right, i eat 100% healthy only whole grains, low fat meals and i work out at the gym at 6 am every morning for at least an hour and a half, 45 mins cardio, 45 mins lifting weights. i am now 18 5 foot 8 and 240 pounds, but have a lot of muscle mass underneath the fat.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:42 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I get so mad when I see overweight kids or teens. All my life I"ve been eating healthy Korean food. I remember when I was invited to eat dinner at my friends house. They would always eat Hamburgers, hot dogs, chili. For Vegetable dishes, they have greens filled with butter and oil. Absolutely disgusting. They would also eat corn; they think it's part of a vegetable serving, which it isn't.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

you should see what i eat here normally. tonight for dinner i had skinless chicken breast, wild rice, and steamed vegetables and a diet pepsi which is only 1 calorie, and for lunch today i had sushi, wasabi, and ginger root and some water. and for breakfast i had a meal supllement shake that taste like vanilla