Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Driver intentionally hits motorcyclist and doesn't care

Old 10-20-2015, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Genesis 2.0 R Spec
Default Driver intentionally hits motorcyclist and doesn't care

What a complete jerk. There should be some serious charges for this.

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/dri...are-1737184460

A motorcyclist got more than he bargained for while making a pass on a two-lane road on Saturday when a driver swerved and hit the bike, sending both passengers to the ground. The driver’s response to the whole thing? “I don’t care.”

The rider, Eric Sanders — who posted the video taken by a fellow traveller to Facebook shortly after it happened — said in the comments section that he suffered road rash and his girlfriend went to an intensive care unit in Texas after the incident.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Motorcyclist should be cited for passing on a double yellow. Motorist should be charged with two counts each of assault with a deadly weapon and attempted manslaughter.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Driver in viral video wreck charged with aggravated assault *Article*

Aggravated Assault with a deadly weapon is a Felony. Apparently He has a lengthy record too. Assault, Abuse of calls to 911, Reckless Driving, and even Terroristic Threats, according to the video in the link.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:22 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Is it aggravating to be passed on a double yellow? Maybe a little, but if he was going as slow as they claim then to hell with it. If you're afraid to travel at a decent speed then get the f*ck off the road! 20mph under is a hazard, period. While it was not on the north side of legal to pass on the double yellow, there is no part of that which okays attempted vehicular manslaughter. Throw the book at this guy and get him off the road.

(edited)
Old 10-21-2015, 09:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Originally Posted by Tibbi
Is it aggravating to be passed on a double yellow? Maybe a little...
It is? How so?

I just don't understand people. Why are they so upset to get passed? I've had left lane nazis go 5-20mph under the limit and camp in the left lane for miles. When I have to pass them ON THE RIGHT LANE, they get all pissed off and magically increase their speed to 5-15mph OVER the limit just to ride my ass because they're so upset about it. I really do want to know what the fvck their problem is.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:15 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I personally don't give a damn, but people seem to get butthurt about being passed. Trying to play devils advocate there. That and my message was cut short for some reason.

Fact is, he tried to kill someone. If you plow a 2-3 ton vehicle into a half ton bike, it's not rocket science. Someone is going to get seriously injured if not killed.

It seems the passenger is still in the hospital and he is in camera showing a total lack of remorse. If this were a street race gone wrong the car would already be in the crusher. Dispose of the weapon slap him with all sorts of attempted murder charges, and make this dangerous sociopath is treated to some much overdue punishment and assrape.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Originally Posted by Tibbi
Is it aggravating to be passed on a double yellow? Maybe a little

Originally Posted by JonGTR' timestamp='1445442804' post='707609

It is? How so?
Because usually passing on a double yellow is unsafe and people endangering my life because they're impatient is aggravating?

Fry this driver though, cleanse the gene pool. You don't try to kill people if they pass you.