Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Dodged a Bullet

Old 03-23-2009, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent
Default Dodged a Bullet

Actually 4 bullets to be exact. Here's how it happened.

I was on a 2 lane road behind two cars going about 35. The cars are side by side, effectively blocking traffic. Now, this is a 40 mph zone and I was getting very frustrated and agitated so being the prick that I am, I was practically on the bumper of one of the cars until a big enough gap opened that I could merge to pass him. After I passed the car I was pissed and upset so I floored it only to be pulled over.

I get a ticket for 1) speeding 2) following too closely 3) failure to provide insurance and 4) being a resident and owning a vehicle that is registered out of state.

So today I waltz into court after having plead not guilty to all counts at a preliminary trial. I was sure that the moving violations were going to stay but I fought all the paper work citations.

I present current insurance (old card was expired) insurance charge dropped
I present my uni transcript explaining how the car is registered to my mother which is why i have Minnesota plates but am an Arizona resident (I have it registered in MN because they don't test emissions and I can't pass AZ emissions with the beta swap) but the judge dropped that charge as well

The officer explains his side of the story and I am allowed to ask him questions.

I ask him when the last time his car's speedo was calibrated and if he had the appropriate paper work. He checks cars out instead of having one assigned to him and did not have any proof that his speedo was correct.

I then ask him if his vantage point allowed him to see the front of my bumper distinctly and the bumper of the car in front of my distinctly. He explained that in his professional opinion blah blah blah but no he could not.

Both moving violations also are dropped as there is no ample evidence to prove my guilt.

I'm a free man ! suckas !
Old 03-23-2009, 06:56 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon GT
Red face

lol i thought you actually dodged a real bullet! haha well congrats on getting all the citations dismissed! thumbsup1.gif
Old 03-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Good job. I would have just sent a lawyer they're better at that stuff than I am. Good defenses though and great job getting out of it.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE(sleepyboy915 @ Mar 23 2009, 07:56 PM)
lol i thought you actually dodged a real bullet! haha well congrats on getting all the citations dismissed! thumbsup1.gif

I was thinking the same thing lol
But Hey Job well done on your part for thinking smart and being prepared