Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Do you live in California and dont want any license plates on your car?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 3.8
Default Do you live in California and dont want any license plates on your car?

Heres how to do it if you have a ton of money and can get a new car every 6 months. Interesting loophole to say the least

http://www.leftlanenews.com/why-stev...se-plates.html

Had you ever attempted to stalk now-deceased and former Apple CEO Steve Jobs as he was driving (likely to or from work), you might have noticed the lack of license plates. We now know why.

During a recent 60 Minutes interview, Walter Isaacson, the man who wrote Jobs’ autobiography, was asked why Jobs never had license plates, to which he shared a story about a discussion that he had with Jobs, which ultimately didn’t truly answer the question.

Isaacson asked Jobs, “Why don’t you have a license plate?” To which Jobs replied, “Well, I don’t want people following me.” After a bit of back and fourth, the conversation ultimately ended with an answer that really answered nothing, “Because I don’t have a license plate,” was Jobs’ final answer.

But rather than remain a mystery for all-time, Jon Callas, a former Apple executive, explained to David Heath of IT Wire that Jobs had signed a special leasing agreement which saw the replacement of his Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG every six months – which happened to be the maximum time someone can go without getting license plates in the state of California.

So in reality, Jobs just got a fresh lease every six months, effectively beating the system and his stalkers in one fell swoop.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:40 AM

Vehicle: 00 elantra

California
Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I just got pulled over again for no front license plate last week. The cops have nothing else better to do out here.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib/03 Silverado

Old 04-24-2012, 05:37 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

thats y that bently at the beach in california didnt have plates... lmao