Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Do you hold grudges?

Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default Do you hold grudges?

If someone was a dick to you in the past and now needs your help with something, do you help them because its the nice thing to do or do you say "remember when you were a dick to me? get f*cked."

If you picked the latter option are you never a dick to anyone then for the sake of not being a hypocrite if you ever need anyones help in the future?

Im keeping this vague to facilitate discussion. Use your own definition of someone "being a dick to you." It could be the dbag at your company who ordered lunch for everyone except you (1 time occurrence) or a person who bullied you for years in high school (ongoing thing) or anything else.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I hold a grudge. A specific friend from HS comes to mind now, he is now a customs officer.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I hold a grudge. A specific friend from HS comes to mind now

sammme stuff here. i answered the phone at the same time my older sister did so none of them knew i was listening. it was my best friend calling, begging to try sex. damn right i hold grudges.

i hold them, but if someone is being a d*ck and i know it won't affect anything and i don't care at all about that person, then i will be the better man and "laugh it off". part of that is stereotypical. since i know i am better and the guy was probably man-fondled as a kid and raised by a piss poor family taking it out on the world, i know better than to try to argue.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I hold a grudge pretty bad.

My in-laws? They treated me great the first 6 years I dated their daughter. Put a ring on her finger and suddenly I'm the worst thing in the world. I've proven them wrong several times since we married 3 years ago, and now they suck up to me b/c I help them out so much, but I still give my wife an ear full about how much I still dislike them for the things they said behind my back.

So yes, I'll help, but I hold a grudge. Want me to work on your computer? Suurreee... and I'll monitor everything you do afterward. I like to get even... plus some.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

^ Violating people's privacy is not the same with holding a grudge tongue.gif

I hold grudges for a while but any feeling kinda fades in time until you don't really care anymore (and then you might even forget/forgive)
Old 12-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I hold very strong grudges, but over time now I'm learning to unwind a bit and forgive some people for things that weren't necessarily eternally damning. It's taken a lot to learn to let things go when it's appropriate.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Oh hell yeah I do.

Ask Shark Racing.

Or Seoulfulracing.

Or Kspec.

See where we are going here?

LOL I've got family I don't talk to anymore, same reasons. People don't think that they are responsible for what they do anymore, or that there are no repercussions for screwing a friend over. Grudges are for paying those back.

I can forgive, and have many times in the past, but apologies and forgiveness go both ways.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:23 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Accent

It's to much work and effort to hold grudges. I just give things a day and shrug it off. People make bad judgement calls that hurt other people once in a while. Doesn't mean i won't help them out down the road.

However If I just don't get along with someone and they're constantly bugging me and being a dick i'll just ignore them and chose not to help them out.