Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Did You *Get* The Memo?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Did You *Get* The Memo?

I had some ideas for changes to an in-house software program we use at work

I went to the programmer, and another guy was walking out of the programmer's office

Programmer said otherguy was going to run off copies of a new change/idea submission form, go get a form or he'll forget the idea

I went to get a form and found otherguy talking to regulationgirl, having made zero copies of the form

They were discussing whether or not there should be a request form to obtain the anonymous idea submission form

I banged my head on her office door and left laughing so hard I could barely breathe

The company has 30 people. There is already an anonymous online idea submission form
Old 01-07-2011, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

Sounds like too many chiefs and not enough indians. There are so many hoops to jump through if you need to get something done administratively in the military, I hate paperwork and the trail it leaves behind.

Hope your head is ok lol.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

A request form to obtain an anonymous form.... wow.

I'm an auditor. Paper trails are my thing, but that's effin' ridiculous.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:13 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm a big fan of beaurocracy. In fact, we should have a request form for all forms, and some request forms should have mandated request forms. There should be a paper-trail for all requesting actions and requesting a request form is a requesting action. Having worked for the government for a while, I've found that beaurocracy is the best way to get nothing accomplished.