Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Did Someone Turn Up The Ghost Town?

Old 07-31-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm relatively new here, buying my first Tiburon just recently. I have done a lot of searching through DIY's and such to get my wheels rolling in my own fashion =) But to be honest, it's a little disenchanting to see the majority of the posts here dating back to 2006-2007. Especially in the DIY's, it's nice to be able to ask your own questions or add t the post, but seeing that it's been two or three years since anyone has commented on it, it kind of defeats the purpose. I can't tell if everyone just disappeared, or are just hiding behind the double, swinging doors of the saloon. it's not right seeing forums and subforums that got dozens of posts/replies a week now only get maybe half that.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

the cars are getting older man. not to mention the economy is hitting a lot of people hard, and one of the first things to go is car modding.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:43 PM

I guess, its just sad to see
Old 07-31-2009, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

it is, back in the day there used to be 4 pages of new posts per day on good technical stuff or great group buys or something. i'd put up like 20 posts per day.

now not so much. i'll still stick around though.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:37 PM

Sweet, i'm just gettin my feet back on the ground after a few financial setbacks so I'm gonna start some mods on my car soon and I'm gonna need some technical know-how considering this is my first car i've ever tried to mod.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:55 PM

It kind of scares me to think of the day this forum goes dead. Modding my car with the great bunch on here, is my hobby. I see myself on here for many more years wink1.gif

But for the most part, I think this site is so info-rich, that a lot of people's questions have been answered in some form. You search, and most likely you'll find info on what you're looking for. Most of my posts on here are posted long after I've done my own research and still have questions. It's possible that it's the same for others.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:03 PM

This is true. And I myself haven't found the need to post a million threads because most of my questions are already answered somewhere here. I just hope this site stays active for the new owners of these "old" cars. And if recession is the case then maybe we should gear ourselves on telling the general consumer how to keep their old Tiburon alive longer, which is an extremely prevalent theme in these slumps
Old 07-31-2009, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Its summer as well and everyone is out doing things. I know myself I'm not on here like I used to be but I still check the site almost every day. Usually I'm out enjoying the weather when its not raining. Activity will pick up in the fall when it gets crappy out.

About the Diy's or mod topics, mostly its because they are finished threads with complete diy's and there's not much need to comment on them anymore. Mostly they are there for the info and not for much discussion. Also if they are good mods and are worth doing most have already done them so there's no need to talk about it lol.

Most decent mods for the tibs are on the site already and it seems like theres only so many general mods you can do to the tib anything else is just custom work.

I know the economy is killing the car scene recently as well. I am really finding it hard to throw cash at the tib right now so I don't have much to post about, and I think its the same with others as well. It doesn't matter if the tib is an older car even if I had a new car I still couldn't be throwing cash at it.

back in the day there used to be 4 pages of new posts per day on good technical stuff or great group buys or something.

I miss those days as well haha! Now we are lucky to get one page of new posts.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

guys, look at it this way...

since you guys are new take the chance to bring up new ideas (properly reasearched first so you dont look like a tool) haha.

i am much like you guys, coming in feb.2007 most of the stuff had already been done. after talking to REDZ about some things that had been talked about for many years that would be nice to get done I got two small things made that some people had been waiting on for two years.

taking the bull by the horns is what needs to be done.

taking old ideas and making a new version is a way to start,research is the key on that.

hell, even dumfounded luck will turn a project into something that everyone wants depending on the use and the overall effect it will have on everyone.

brainstorm, amd wating for whenever i get my car back from teh paint shop you will see some neat "upgrades" that i have been working on.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I think we just need to start doing more advertising or something for RDT so it gets more active. Over on, HA theres usually on average 400 people on every every day within a 24 hour period, and tons of posts & threads. It just comes down to advertising, and keeping things fresh on the site so people dont get bored and leave. smile.gif

Plus, with it being summer time...not alot of people are indoors posting. When the colder weather hits...there will be more activity.