Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Did anyone watch the CHOPPERS specials???

Old 01-21-2003, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner
Default Did anyone watch the CHOPPERS specials???

that's it, I've decided, that before I get my 427 COBRA SHELBY, I will buy me a chopper... lol I wish

I fell in love completely with the blue one in the special... I want something radical like that...

[ January 21, 2003, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 01-21-2003, 09:19 AM

Loud annoying bikes that don't handle for shiit and ride like crap.....Hmmmm, to each their own I guess.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:06 AM

A chopper loud and annoying?? I think whats more annoying is peole these days and their mufflers. I personally don't think the sound of a unmuffled briggs and stratton is appealing in any way, nor does is sould like the sound of something remotely powerful. I saw an Acura Type R at the dyno this weekend.....loudest car there by far, yet pulled under 200 HP......he coulda done that with a muffler.

I prefer the sound of a chopper to a crotch rocket, and I prefer the sound of a v8 to a 4 cylinder.

As for riding rough and not handling....have you ever riden a motorcycle?? Not many do.....unless you're retired and on a Goldwing.....and I've never riden a motorcycle that can't handle.

Oh well....some folks are just stuck on the fact that the Skyline be all, end all of all cars and that the chopper is for guys with beards and tatoos. Open yourself up to some diversity and recognize it for what it is, a bike that started it all. I highly doubt anyone buys one for it's comfort anyway.

I did see the show, it was awesome, and I would love to have a chopper and a 427 AC Shelby.
If you don't already know, I recommmend you read the history of the AC Shelby, I just read it the other day in a muscle car book I have.....quite interesting.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

I didn't see it Bat Lord... I wish I had, nothing beats a good chopper. I'm sure most of you guys have seen the West Coast Choppers, and the bikes they have... eek!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:37 AM

Vehicle: 01 Veilside Tibby

Your talking about the biker build-off with Borgett and Choppers inc. right? Ive seen it, its a pretty tight show im right there with you Batlord, I know how you feel I just bought a CFL wasp from West Coast Choppers. It will be about 10 more months before i get it though.. When i do ill post some pics.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:35 PM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

damn MATT you're such a lucky mofo really (you need to let me know if your company is hiring, lol)... did you buy it from JESSE's shop??? and please post pics...

and yep that's the show I meant, borgett was his name, that blue bike was the most beautiful I've ever seen, the colors, and the designs were incredible... and well those 2 small Nitrous bottles were just a kewl addon

P.S. and for those that don't know what a WASP looks like:

what color you gonna get it done?

[ January 21, 2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 01-22-2003, 07:46 AM

AllBlackTibby
[QB]A chopper loud and annoying?? I think whats more annoying is peole these days and their mufflers. I personally don't think the sound of a unmuffled briggs and stratton is appealing in any way, nor does is sould like the sound of something remotely powerful. I saw an Acura Type R at the dyno this weekend.....loudest car there by far, yet pulled under 200 HP......he coulda done that with a muffler.
[/b]

I never suggested Honduh fart cans were at all a better choice over obnoxious choppers. Now, if you want something REALLY annoying, you should hear these punk Japanese hard-type wannabes on their pathetic 125cc bikes with megaphone mufflers! If they weren't so damned loud, they'd be even more funny to laugh at!

I prefer the sound of a chopper to a crotch rocket, and I prefer the sound of a v8 to a 4 cylinder.

Which is why I said to each their own. Some people prefer a horse and buggy to a modern car. Same thing.

As for riding rough and not handling....have you ever riden a motorcycle??

Looks downstairs.......Yep, its still there. I ride a cruiser (because it was freely given to me and I am not about to say no to a free ride....no matter how crappy it is!) and they cannot handle for crap. They are not made for handling, they are made for show. I have ridden MANY MANY differnt kinds of bikes. This is why I can say without hesitation that choppers simply don't handle.

Oh well....some folks are just stuck on the fact that the Skyline be all, end all of all cars and that the chopper is for guys with beards and tatoos. Open yourself up to some diversity and recognize it for what it is, a bike that started it all.

rolleyes.gif Seems you need to open your mind too. I do not kneel at the feet of the Skyline - I only mentioned it elsewhere and so know you think I'm a GT2 playing kid. There are actually better cars out there than Skylines....but not for the money though. And yes, choppers are for guys that fit a certain demographic. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule but I am yet to see a chopper that can out accelerate Japanese/German, out handle Japanese/German, or have a smooth a ride as Japanese/German.

I'm yet to see a chopper that was not just for show first and practacality second...if it all.

I highly doubt anyone buys one for it's comfort anyway.

True, they buy them for a status symbol, not because they are "real" riders....kinda like the posers of the import world.

[b]I recommmend you read the history of the AC Shelby, I just read it the other day in a muscle car book I have.....quite interesting. [/Q]
Oh, I do know about Shelby. He's DAH MAN! Unlike the bloated Big Three, this man delivered on performance at the track (and not just 1/4 mile times only). Today, Danny Panoz carries on the spirit of Shelby. These guys made REAL machines, not just something purdy tah look at.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:10 AM

scourge:
Loud annoying bikes that don't handle for shiit and ride like crap.....Hmmmm, to each their own I guess.
Ha, never rode one, eh? I'd rather ride in a reclined position rather than slung over the tank holding on to some clip-on handles. wink Granted, a hard-tail is just that; no suspension in the rear but most of the modern custom bikes have the shock hidden the frame. I'd much prefer a loud and annoying bike. At least the people in traffic hear you coming. wink
Old 01-22-2003, 12:19 PM

yeah, choppers are for guys with beards. i personally see no problem with them. i'd rather hear a harley than some douche with a civic and a bees nest under his hood.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:03 PM

I'd rather hear neither. Both are annoying and so are their machines!