Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Did anyone else collect cans for deposit as a kid?

Old 07-01-2010, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Elantra
Default Did anyone else collect cans for deposit as a kid?

I used to do it all the time as a kid with friends. Between doing that and have a paper route, thats how I would save up money for new NES games. laugh.gif
Old 07-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

yup - $0.05 for every 2 cans.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:48 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Yep! I was a sneaky little one too though. When the gold dollar coin first came out I used to hammer quarters into the right size diameter as the dollar coins and put them in the $0.25 soda machine and get three quarters back for every "quarter" I put in (AND a soda ...with a can to recycle). LOL

I haven't changed in my ways. Moved on from soda cans and on to bullet casings. Living in Arizona now, everybody and their mother (and probably their mother's mother too) has a gun and likes to go shoot it, just for the hell of it. There are popular spots a short ways off the sides of roads where lots and LOTS of brass like to collect. I usually take my lil' bro from the Big Brothers Big Sisters Foundation and we'll go pick up enormous amounts of brass every other month or so, it'll usually buy us pizza and sodas for the day and have enough left over to do something fun with for the rest of the week.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

lol - patty, you need a job!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I collected cans as a kid, but sold it for the aluminum, there's no refund here. I took in a 55 gallon drum of crushed cans and got about $15. No idea how many cans that was, a lot.