Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: What will you ultimately do with your tib?
Keep if forever, no matter what it takes.
51.92%
Run it into the ground. Keep repairing it until there's no bringing it back.
28.85%
Hold onto it until the next gotta-have-it car comes along.
17.31%
Sell it when the payments are up!
1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Destiny Of Your Tib

Old 01-31-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After checking out that new Kia in RedZ's thread... I got to thinking what I was going to do with my Tib.

First thought is, "Oh, I'm going to keep this car forever! I don't care what it takes!"... but then I got to thinking, man, that's going to be a lot of work when rust starts to get the better of some of the key parts of the car... and I don't think I could bear to see the Tib grow "old" like that. (How many 80's cars have you seen that the owner loves to death, but it's grown to be so old and decrepit?..)

So I don't have an answer... but I'd like to hear what everyone here plans on.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well the goal is to do just that... garage at whatever point I buy a newer car (which is at least 3 years away) and get it through it's decade where it's just an old car instead of a classic. Then pull it out again and cruise around in my newly classic tib. wink1.gif
Old 01-31-2007, 05:50 PM

i really do want to keep the tib forever. i could never get enough out of it to make it worth it. if it comes down to it i will just use it as a weekend/track car or whatever. i dont think mine will be rusting up anytime soon though. at least i hope not
Old 01-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Banned

well, its was kinda hard on which one to pick.. it would be between 'running it to the ground' or 'til the next badass car comes along'

i would probably end up, even if i thought about selling it, keeping it as a project/weekend car if i could financially do so. i have just put wayyy too much time and work into the car, and money for that matter, to just put a price tag on it, and sell it to some 16yr old kid, or someone who will flaunt all the work as their own.

i just couldn't see myself selling my car unless it was sell it, or live on the streets, or something to that fact. obviously the car is just material and family and my soon to be son will come first.

but i would probably just keep fixing every little thing that ends up going wrong until the whole thing rusts out from underneath me. kinda like what my POS grand am already has. i think if i really keep things up on it, and repair everything when i see it needs fixing, itll last me a long long time.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:14 PM

Run into the ground. cool.gif

As said, I've now invested probably what, over 3k in mods that I would lose a lot of money on. Might as well pimp the Tib. wink1.gif
Old 01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

it's really hard to say for mine...

but there are situations in life that you have to give up things that you love the most

i mean im just reviewing all of the fellas who left/got rid of their cars before that were hardcore tib lovers ei: random, jaws, viper, kayjai, gary, yuri, etc.. it happens
Old 01-31-2007, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I plan to keep the tib forever I really like the body etc. I dont plan to do any drastic changes until I get all settled. When that happens I plan to redo basically everything, my dream would be to use liek the evo's AWD tranny and the engine.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:37 PM

I quite literally ran mine into the ground. It was either that drainage ditch or the SUV that pulled out infront of me.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:49 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

I plan on having my car featured in a magazine.. I have the money and the stupidity to put that much money into it, thats my goal with it, crashed it twice and totaled it once i'm keeping this thing, eventually give it to my son or daughter for there first car when there in highschool so they have the coolest/fastest car in school! I'm 21 and dont plan on having kids for 7 years or so!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Definatly keeping it, no matter what, i plan on getting the 08 tib if it infact comes out RWD, and just using my present tib as a weekend/track car. If they dont come out RWD or AWD or with a turbo/azera engine option, Ill prolly just pick up another RD2 and keep it N/A or low boost setup cool.gif

Ive said it before, i hope i dont but if at one point I lose the passion to tune it, ill just put it in the garage until i regain the passion, that way when i get the itch again, i just go out and pick up where i left off, instead of starting all over again like so many people have had to do before. The itch always comes back, and itll be alot cheaper to keep the same project car.