Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Defining Rice

Old 07-18-2005, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (zhiryst @ Jul 18 2005, 05:14 PM)
I will back him up and say that he does a lot of research and studies this in and out of school. now, to tear him apart cause you 2 don't see eye to eye is childish. Grow up. He's not picking a fight with you. He's just stating his opinion.

Well great, opinion is just that, but one can say it's their opinion, or state that they don't like something without sounding like an asshole every time. I harp on AC because he's always doing this stuff, and plain and simple, this site is PRO Modification.

QUOTE (ArcticChill @ Jul 18 2005, 05:27 PM)
Yes, for show cars, who also happen to have either large chrome wheels, hideous paint jobs, decals, etc. Maybe it's a coincidence.

I don't agree. I personally wouldn't want airbags or hydraulics on my car, but what about the guys with low cars that like to race and such, but need to get over speedbumps? Need to get into their driveways? Don't want to tear up everything they work on?

I'm not going to even argue altezzas.

Good. smile.gif

I dunno if you bother to look in the Performance sections, but I've given inciteful info.

I do, several times a day, as performance is more what I'm after, but at the same time, I am modifying the looks of my car. VERY lightweight but GOOD looking rims. All of the best parts I can find. Yes, you do occasionally put up good info, and you've helped me in the past, I've said thanks and so have others, but the simple fact that you can't type without sounding like a engineering teacher with a slide rule in his ass makes most folks gloss over your technical stuff.

I used to post on HP, but I left because everyone wanted DIYs on neons

Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast. Most folks come into tuning after being turned on to it by video games or movies, or seeing some riced out car drive past. Some folks graduate further, most don't. As I often say to friends, rice is the fuel that drives this hobby from the bottom level. Sad, but true.

I'll be glad to leave if that's what everyone wants.

That's not what I want. Sorry I said that. Bad day, bad mood, but you won't see me edit my post like others would to change stuff. Just try to either be a bit more positive in general when you post here, or try to put in a disclaimer or post that "Well, my anti visual modification prefrences here are well known, and this is a prime example".

Again, I apologize.