Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Death of a Tiburon driver

Old 11-25-2002, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death of a Tiburon driver

Monday, November 25, 2002
Driver, 18, killed in crash

By JASON TCHIR, TORONTO SUN

A Toronto teen died early yesterday after a two-car crash in the east end, police said.

The 18-year-old was driving a Hyundai Tiburon east through the intersection of Eglinton and Victoria Park Aves. when the car was in collision with a Ford Taurus making a left turn.

The collision occurred just before midnight, Saturday.

Konstadinos Dragatsikis was taken to Sunnybrook hospital where he died of head injuries, a collapsed lung and a ruptured aorta. The Hyundai's 19-year-old male passenger escaped injury.

The 37-year-old woman driving the Taurus and her passengers -- a boy and girl, both 14 -- were treated for minor injuries at Scarborough General Hospital and released.

Police still are investigating and said they have not yet determined if speeding or alcohol were involved in the crash.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:42 PM

Damn that sucks for it to be anyone.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:44 PM

I was just about the same thing, I was working afternoons tonight and read it in the paper during break...
I hate reading about this kind of stuff, regardless of age, vehicles or whatever.
I hate to say it, but it sounds as though the driver's side air bag didn't deploy... And I know some guys have complained about that before on these message boards.
I hope he wasn't a friend of any one here... if so, my thoughts are with you.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:03 PM

Seat belt? I know a lot of people hate wearing them, but you drive fast in a car long enough, you learn to love them. I don't know if this kid was/wasn't wearing his but if he wasn't, then it serves as a reminder that they are there for a reason. If he was...well, that sucks hard. But, when you time is up, it really doesn't matter where you are I guess. frown
Old 11-26-2002, 05:12 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

That sucks... and, seatbelts are definately worth wearing, I've been in 4 accidents and havent been hurt yet, and I definately thank the seatbelt and airbag (one time)...
Old 11-26-2002, 05:51 AM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Personally I can't drive with out a seatbelt, it's just been something I've always worn, and riding or driving without one just feels wrong.

Sad story... my prayers are with his family and him. frown