Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Criss Angel

Old 03-12-2006, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Freaky stuff. It's gotta be tricks, I just don't get how he does it all.

walks through glass

levitation

hit by car

deja vu

What do you guys think about each of these? He's definately freakier than David Blaine.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

hail.gif
Old 03-12-2006, 10:43 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i don't believe any of it...

they call it "live" but who's to say those aren't actors. you can do anything w/ a camera as well
Old 03-12-2006, 10:51 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I've done lots of video editing myself, I don't really get how you'd do the whole glass thing. The rest wouldn't be too hard though.

This guy owns Houdini unless these are all edited and staged.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:03 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

It's pretty cool stuff but I don't for a second believe any of it to be real.

I didn't like the fact that the "hit by a car" scene cuts to another angle just as he is hit by the car. Should've been one long shot from each angle, one after the other.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:03 PM

the deja vu one is obvious..notice the girl in the white shirts hips move to the right as he says "it's gonna happen now!" he blocked the camera while her and the guy moved into one of the little recesses that go all the way down the hall and the other two came out of one way down the hall. you could just tell the woman was ready to go by the way she tensed up and her hips moved. oh and after they "teleported" the guy in black was still moving to get into place. replay it a couple times and look for those things.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yeah, I was thinking that it was staged with identical twins. The levitation one looks staged, but I have no friggin clue how he did it. His movement is kinda jerky when he "levitates." Also his feet are blurred when he does this stunt. Looks like video editing to me! I agree with the car hit one. It's a load of BS if every one of these is paid actors and not real bystanders. I still don't get the glass one though. Him removing his shoes and the paper in front of the glass have to have something ot do with it. Damn good tricks though!
Old 03-12-2006, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

He does good tricks but I just dont believe it.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I didn't click any of the links but I've seen Chris Angel live in NYC on a street corner by Times Square...
He made a chick float on her back. I am not kidding, I was freakin out at how real it was. There was no strings attached, literally.

Also, just last Friday Night I saw Craig Kernes LIVE at my college. He did a show. You may or may not have heard of him he is a "mentalist" not really a physic but belives in the idea that we only use 10-20% of our brains and the rest is shut down by our lack of imagination and intuition. He did some AMAZING things that I can not even begin to explain. Some call it magic "tricks" but there was no way in HELL he could know all the things he did during the show....

For example, he called people onto stage to do various events (simple things) and sometimes he would read their mind sometimes he would guess wrong... that wasn't the amazing part. the AMAZING part was when he made the guest on stage grab a piece of paper out of a bag on a table (in front of the audience the ENTIRE show) and had them read what it said into the microphone....

On the piece of paper Craig listed EVERYTHING that happened durng the previous "trick" and explained that he guessed wrong on purpose.... stuff like that. HE COULDN'T have written that just after the "trick" everyone was watching him.... AND HOW THE HELL did he know all that stuff was going to happen on the plane ride over here. I KNOW THE GIRL that was doing the "trick" on stage, she doesn't knwo craig. He would call out volunteers and amaze them with how much he knew about there life. He had many people think about anything they wanted to, just had to concentrate on that one thing....
ANYTHING AT ALL, and he guessed EXACTLY what it was they were thining of. One kid was thinking of the word "snowman" he gues that...
one kid was thinking of a picture of a beach, he drew it exactly to match the kids thoughts.
one kid was thinking of this complez math equation (he was sitting next to me and told me what it was before Craig called him up to stage), Craig guessed it EXACTLY, AND solved it....
it went on and on, more amazing as the show went on...

I dunno, you gotta have the imagination and type of mind to believe in this kind of stuff. I think it's curiousty and even jealousy (all of us wish we could do stuff like that...) that make us really think about it.. and those who just don't have the imagination believe it's fake...
it's weird to think about but intriguing at the same time. I think it's funny how people are amazed at technology and computer capabilities these days when really the most interesting "technology" or piece of electrical equipment in the world is in top of your neck...

shrug.gif
Old 03-13-2006, 12:21 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

ok ok the trick was good and all, but damn does anyone know the song playing in the background of the one with him going through the window? damn that song is good! i want it!