Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Couple questions for you guys

Old 01-23-2005, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple questions for you guys

Hi people, couple questions/thoughts for you. First of all, I'm going to get some personalized license plates that says "TIBUWHAT" on it I think. I just thought of that a while back and found it funny. You always tell people you drive a tiburon and they're always like.. A Tibuwhat?!? Thoughts on that? Stupid? Yes no no yes maybe?

Also, on our DIY section - it's awesome, but over time the sites go down, images are broken, etc. Being the owner of an ISP, I just happened to register tibuwhat.com and I'm thinking about archiving all of the DIY articles and images so we can have a backup source for when the primary DIY's go down. Thoughts on that as well please?
Old 01-23-2005, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Both are good ideas.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yeah dude, both seem cool to me. oh and i get the tibuwhat thing a ton! maybe its a MN thing... stupid non tib owners... tsk tsk haha
Old 01-23-2005, 09:16 PM

I agree. I hate looking at old DIYs and the pictures dont work.

Also custom plates rule. I recently got my new New York state in the mail. It says TIBYCHIK. Couldnt fit anymore letters in.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:17 PM

Like I said before, everybody here drives buicks. If it's not a buick it's a GM or Ford product. Trashy tongue.gif
Old 01-23-2005, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Thats a good idea.. Whats really stupid is that people look at my car. then they look at my license plate and they ask "WHat does [TIB FX] mean?"
Old 01-23-2005, 09:26 PM

LOL, sounds about right.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

it gets old after awhile, yet i kinda like the fact that my car is not that well known. turns more heads that way. plus i dont see 50 million other tibs on the way to work like i do some cars. rolleyes.gif
Old 01-23-2005, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

The DIY archive sounds like a cool idea Breck.
The prob I have with ppl down here is that the Tib is just named the Coupe, so when I say that I drive a Hyundai Coupe the morons think it's an Exell or Accent. I don't know how many times I've been asked what me car is confused.gif
Old 01-23-2005, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

QUOTE (TibMinn)
it gets old after awhile, yet i kinda like the fact that my car is not that well known. turns more heads that way. plus i dont see 50 million other tibs on the way to work like i do some cars. rolleyes.gif

True, I was coming home from the auto show tonight, and I was wearing my contacts so everything wasnt as good as it should have been. Anyways I was pulling up to something that resembled a Porsche I thought or a newer miata...it ended up being a silver RD...I was like wow, my car looks awesome and I didnt even know about it.