Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Computer Help

Old 02-04-2007, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

alright well im sorta screwed =/

my comp has that nvidia desktop manager, and i changed my resolution higher then my monitor can handle apparently and gave me a "out of range" box and a black screen, figured ok whatever itll set back like they usually do... nope... still stuck like that, what really sucks is that its not the display properties when you right click and go properties, its nvidias display settings, so even when your in the login screen for users its out of range, so im pretty much stuck in 800x600 now with safemode 02.gif

i tried reinstalling the driver
telling windows to start from last good boot
random clicking and swearing in hopes it would change

cant really think of anything short of doing a quick format which im not in the mood to do, and not even sure if that would do anything since that would reset all windows settings and this is a nividia problem

i duno, its 4am here so im open to all suggestions

thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 08:58 AM

Never seen nor heard of that one before, but I did read about how some people have had this problem. The strange part is that everyone got there screen back in different ways. One person said he unplugged the cord from the back of the monitor and let it sit for a couple of minutes then put it back in...weird. More sensible is during boot up mode, find out how to get into your BIOS and see if perhaps it went back to a default onboard graphic card, or if you have the options SWITCH to the onboard vid card and see if it helps. Others also talk about the refresh rate being too high, not the resolution so you could check it. Monitors have a driver, though Windows can usually find a generic one to run most. However, you could check the monitors website for a driver and try that. Under control panel/display you can go to monitors/properties and rollback drivers or install em. Lastly, myself, I would take the vid card out, uninstall the drivers and all related software, powerdown for a couple of minutes, then go back into BIOS and get the onboard vid selected to see if it helps. Then try reinstalling all over again the graphics card, possibly with a driver off the website. If it still doesn't respond, I would start to wonder which may be damaged......the vid card or the monitor from crankin it too high. I still think its a BIOS or driver situation but you're talking with someone who overclocked a vid card so high it blew up.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

You may be able to start it up in safe mode and switch it or else just borrow someones monitor and then switch it.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

well i had it on 1280x1024 and switched it to like 13## x #### so gona be a harder to find a monitor like that

ill try uninstalling it again and hope that works, since the card itself does respond since when i uninstalled it the first time i started up in safemode and it ran off of a generic no driver installed thing since it ran but it was choppy

------

omg its fixed fing02.gif

uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, at the end i just reinstalled the deafult nvidia drivers instead of the omega ones and i guess it didnt remember the resolution settings lol, i can see again laugh.gif
Old 02-04-2007, 12:58 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

for future reference, if you know the monitor supports a high resoloution and it gives you an error, change your refresh rate to a lower value. The max refresh rate will lower on alot of monitors as you approach the max resoloution.