Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

CompuSTAR Anyone?

Old 12-12-2003, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *CLOSED* SSautochrome Header Group Buy [updated 1/14/04]

All in all, I just picked one up, but I'm curious what all extras any of you folks added as your two 'auxillary' functions in the 2000/2001 Tib's. I'm just looking forward to have the enormous range with this beast. It's going to be installed on the 23rd so I have a little while to pick and choose what all I want.

Pretty much what I'm asking is, WHAT is the best setup with the CompuSTAR 2WSSR?

-Aqua
Old 12-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

for those of us not as knowledgable as the great aqua... (us engine newbies) what are the specs for the CompuSTAR and what gains do you expect to attain?
How reliable/destructible can it be? (for someone who might not know how to use it)
Old 12-12-2003, 05:04 PM

AHHAHA Gains.

Funny stuff. lol.gif
He's actually refering to this:
http://www.compustar.org/products/2WSS.html
smile.gif

Aqua, the Compustar kicks butt.
The range on the FM (2WFMAS) in Canada has more range than the US one's because of FCC rules in the States. But the SS and FM in the state's has the same range. Unfortunatly I got the SS instead of the FM, so less range but just a few different features.

Basically the same thing
ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE ANTENNA AND REMOTE as far as Hardware is concerned. Even the AM Compustar One way remote start / Alarm uses the same brain.
But yeah features on the SS over the FM is basically:
Rolling codes - Digital signal and has like 33 milllion codes, not scannable, compared to the FM's 10 random codes.
Viberate mode.
And apparently the Range is longer, but it's not.
And for some reasons, some later FM's didn't have Turbo Timers built in, but ALL SS's have them

Anyway, as for aux, you should hook up relays to roll up / down your windows and sunroof.

laugh.gif
Old 12-12-2003, 06:05 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I thought it was a GPS system or something. oops.gif
Old 12-12-2003, 11:34 PM

The compustar is amazing. I've got MOST of the FM unit installed. Just need to hook up the door acutator, trunk popper and parking lights(if I can ever find the right wire). The range is truly amazing, I was in an opposite end of a mall and I could still remote start my car. I plan on getting the window module to roll up and down my windows and then the channel expander for when I get my door handles shaved.

Only complaint with this alarm, TOO MANY DAMN WIRES!!!
If you get this alarm, don't install it yourself.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:05 AM

I won't install it myself. I talked to six different shops in town that sell them and each have given me the exact same answer... installing it yourself without being certified from CompuSTAR voids it's warranty (says so in the book too so I'm for damn-sure not going to even attempt it). Shit, putting in those halo's would be a tough task alone!!!

What I'm having 'done' to it...
-door locks
-trunk popper (needed to buy a little motor for that one)

um.. yea... I'm just looking for ideas for anything else.

OK, I guess the next question... what --SHOULD-- I have hooked up via remote aside from what I haven't listed?

-Aqua
Old 12-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

DUH.... compustar... now I feel incredibly stupid... I was thinking it was a chip... I can't believe I forgot it was an alarm

I'm in LOVE with my remote starter... best thing I ever could have done. Make sure you get a warranty on that though. Two of my friends had theirs installed at Cirtcuit City and it burned out their ignition coil within 6 months... so don't go there and make sure it's under installation warranty.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:50 PM

Yeah sorry, slipped my mind that not everyone has a friend that's a certified compustar installer. Lucky for me, I do. laugh.gif
Old 12-13-2003, 10:04 PM

Default seat brackets for our cars.

Damn you, lol

As I mentioned, I still need to figure out what all 'options' I'm going to have added on as the extras.