Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Coming Up On 9/11

Old 08-19-2006, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

java, that video is somethin else...

wow. thats all i have to say
Old 08-19-2006, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Yeah it is. I don't think it was intended to show you exactly when the caller was talking, I think it is more so you understand what is going on while he was talking.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Aug 19 2006, 08:12 PM)
Hah, I was in Grade 12 English.

Now that I think about it....I graduated in June 2002, so I was in my Gr. 12 English class, not Gr. 11......

Weird.....
Old 08-19-2006, 10:49 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That call was crazy, just scary.

Definatly have to remember the people that died, its hard to believe that was 5 years ago.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I remember it clearly, me and one of my friend were browsing a computer forum in cisco class and he was like, what! did you see this, must be a joke, this guy in ny says a plane crashed into the one of the twin towers.

we go to yahoo.com and it's at the top in the news section. my response "well at least they'll stop talking about those stupid sharks!" (this is like 7-8 minutes after it happened yahoo was saying it was a small private jet at that time)

we watched on tv the rest of the class (2 hour class) I think the second plane hit during that time. can't remember. then I went to physics where the teacher wouldn't let us watch... said it was all going to blow over. then watched news most of the rest of the day in other classes.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It's really hard for me to talk about that day, while the physical effect it had on me was negligible, the emotional effect was astounding.

The fact that so many folks out there today say...

a. It didn't happen.

b. It DID happen but the US Government set it up so we could go to war.

c. That it was no reason to go to war.

Show how loose their grip on reality is. The world is not a safe place. Never has been. Someone finally just showed it to us on 9/11. The fact that the US has never really been attacked by a military, or invaded in any way other than by illegal aliens, makes everyone more comfortable. I almost wish that someone WOULD invade a few parts of the US, just to wake some of you the HELL UP. Read your history, what's happening now is what happened before WWII. Hell, it's happened many times, and folks just sit back and watch it happen, beliving that it's not possible for OUR country to fail.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:05 AM

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Aug 22 2006, 09:56 AM)
Read your history, .... beliving that it's not possible for OUR country to fail.

If yall take a look, youll see that EVERY great power through out all of history has failed.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:14 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I'll admit Redz that it was hard for me to accept that the U.S had been attacked.

Living in London for 27 years was a bumpy ride with terrorism as the IRA were always setting bombs off and then in 1998 some sick dude was blowing up nail bombs in Brixton which is about 5 miles from where I lived, so there was always that air of unpredictability.

When I came to the US for the first time (in 2000) the place felt so big and safe, and so strong.. I guess when 9/11 was going down it was too surreal for some dude..

Anyways as for September the 11th well ours was pretty rough (the wife, who wasnt the wife then and I).

I had proposed to my wife a couple of weeks before and she had accepted (grin) and we decided that before we went back to the USA for good (and to marry here) that we would go to a place in south England called New Milton.. It's between Portsmouth and Bournemouth (and not too far from Southampton).

So there we were, laying on the beach watching the fishermen and cuddling and my cellphone rings.

It was my buddy Dave...

"Andy man you seen what's going on on the telly? AMERICA IS BEING BOMBED !!"

"Oh haha, very fvcking funny Dave, nice try mate !"

"Nah, I'm serious dude.. get to a TV and watch the news !"

I thought he was joking... ya know, the wife and I were away and I thought he was trying to play a joke on us to get us from wherever we were back to the place we were staying.

So we walked back to the campsite and into the main clubhouse and saw the news.. fvcking ridiculous man 02.gif

Thing was we were in the middle of nowhere (literally) and my wife was PANIC stricken man.. not knowing if her family were safe and getting really worked up 02.gif Jen's (my wife) aunt lives and works in NY so we were desperately trying to call back to the US but all the phonelines were down and not working.. Jen tried calling her dad for 3 days before finally getting through and finding out everyone was ok..

Not a good time tbh.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I was in Bootcamp taking a test on safety. Then they told everybody that there was a terrorist attack. They closed all the bases and told us to remain seated. After 2 hours, they let us go and told us that we're all going to die in war.

My sister was working for British Interns near the World Trade Center and I recall my sister telling me that some British intern started to yell and scream at her in fear. My sister looked at the window and saw the 2nd plane hit.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:08 AM

I remember. I was in physics class jr yr in HS. We were watching the tv when the second plane hit.