Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Coffee

Old 06-02-2008, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. I drink coffee everyday and it seems like I can't find anything that really suits me. I favor the industrial coffee at work more than I like the stuff at home. I haven't had a morning job before so I've only recently gotten into drinking coffee. I've tried the Dunkin Donuts regular blend and the cinnamon stuff they have too. Other than that I've gotten Hills Bros medium and dark roasts, and also Folgers normal blend as well. But none of these are particularly what I like. I have a standard black and decker coffee maker that doesn't take grains, but rather the pre-ground stuff.

I'm really looking for something that will certainly wake me up, but not give me the gut rot, and tastes good enough to drink on a regular basis. I hear people say things like, "There's nothing like waking up to the smell of a fresh pot of coffee," and I'd like to experience that as well. Do you guys have any suggestions? Have you found anything that really seems to be exactly what you are looking for?
-Adam
Old 06-02-2008, 09:12 PM

i usually get a cup of D&D every morning. it doesnt really give me a jolt of energy, but it does the trick. i really havent found anything thats really " jump started" me in the morning.

i think the worst coffee ive ever had as down in Atlantic City at the Tropicana...absolutely horrible.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:43 PM

the first secret to coffee is in your coffee maker. get one that does super high heat brewing temperature (you should be able to find one at sears that does about 190 farenheit) andone with a water filter. The filter purifies the water which makes for tasty coffee. After that the coffee you choose depends on what youlike. I find that a bag of starbucks coffee grounds does the trick very nicely, there's a good balance of acidity and robustness...if that's a word.

yea im addicted to coffee, so shoot me.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:54 PM

^^^

I like Starbucks too. Once I started drinking SB coffee, I couldn't go back to Foldgers or Maxwell House. But that might have something to do with me working at one. laugh.gif
Old 06-03-2008, 04:30 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The number one thing you can do to make the coffee taste better is to use purified water. Get a water tank, or get a britta faucet. It makes the coffee taste great because normal water has a bland wet taste from all of the chemicals in it. If you get purified water you have nothing but the pure coffeey goodness.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:12 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

maxwell house is fine for me...i dont drink it everyday...just when i have a bad night...usually i put some type of flavor creamer in there...

I'm basic when i comes to this
Old 06-03-2008, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

hmmm large french vanilla and caramel with caramel swirl extra extra from D&D!
i never really did like coffee, but lately ive been having one of these every morning...
i normaly have tons of energy drink to cool.gif
Old 06-03-2008, 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

The best coffee I've ever had was at red lobster.

Aside from that, I usually just get a dark roast for home by Maxwell House or Folgers
Old 06-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

DUNKIN DONUTS! by far. i LOVE coffee. have about 3 cups every day. some are 24ounces. lol. i can't survive w/o it. Dunkins is by far my favorite.

McDonalds (Newmans Own) is actually very good also. especially their iced coffee
Old 06-03-2008, 06:42 PM

So i went to Starbucks' website because a lot of people seem to like them and I took a survey to find out which ones best for me but I discovered I don't have enough experience with citrus and acidity and all that. I'm afraid it's inaccurate lol. Have you guys done that and found it matches you well with your brew of choice?