Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Codes Car Part 3

Old 03-20-2006, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well put
Old 03-20-2006, 06:00 PM

i like what im seeing. I thought the rims were to small but yea jack stands etc. haha
Old 03-20-2006, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon Fx

cant wait to see it in person at Hyundai in the hills, lookin good
Old 03-20-2006, 07:45 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I hope the colour matches better in the sun then it does in the artifical light, because that, IMHO, does not match.

I don't mean to harp on your shop, cuz if the car was wrecked they DEFINITELY did a good job. But if they are so good I hope they colour match the difference between fiberglass and metal. I noticed a minor difference in my car's body panels, but not as serious as that, look at the bumper/trunk pic.

Anyway, it does look good, I can only imagine your exitement right now. fing02.gif
Old 03-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

silver seems to be the HARDEST color to color match... I never see any silver or red tiburons with good color matching.

MAKE SURE you get your engine STEAM CLEANED soon. My engine was spotless when I took it in the shop. After extensive body work and molding, and lots of sanding, it looked like yours. I didn't clean it for a while and now it's pretty much stained and discolored. Clean it before it gets bad.

QUOTE (code @ Mar 20 2006, 05:33 PM)
haha actully I said the same thing, but we opened up the garage door and its just the lighting in the shop.. dont worry

and plus your not going to get the same tone fron metal to fiberglass..

hm... not sure if I agree with that. It should match pretty good, maybe not perfectly in all angles, but it should be very close. If they used the right primer, it should match pretty good. I don't find Hyundai Paint Codes to be 100% accurate...
Old 03-20-2006, 07:57 PM

looks great man... dont worry about everyone nit-picking at your car, thats just part of having something nice. i swear... every person that looks at my car will say something like "nice ride" or something like that and then point out every little ding or scratch. not to flame on anyone but it seems like this is a re-occuring thing... i understand some people are just saying this to inform the person that something could be possibly messed up but im sure that if you saw the car in person you would be able to pick apart these problems a lot better than a person looking at a picture on the net.

on a better note... i love the look of the car. i honestly wish my car was silver... i think its hot on the tib.

btw... get some black euro's off ebay... they would look good
Old 03-20-2006, 08:51 PM

yah, no worries, I understand it does look kinda like a diffrent tint, but there are couple factors in this picture, 1 the shops lights , 2 the flash went off on the camera, and 3 of course your going to get a cleaner / shinnyer picture right after its been painted.. ill post outside pics with no flash here in a couple of days... i get the car back tomorrow but we are suppose to get 3-5 inches of snow (*go figure).

they also said they still had to wetsand somthing, and buff it out.. so we shell c...

thanks for the comments..
Old 03-21-2006, 08:01 AM

dont look at me for having a fast tib... im all show and no go..
Old 03-21-2006, 09:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow, at least take off the shitty intake resonator.