Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Christmas Or Holiday?

Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

it might be christmas a holiday or w/e i dont really care about that. its my B-DAY damnit u guys stop celebrating it. its my day not yours or atleast send me somethen chit. smile.gif
Old 12-12-2005, 09:49 PM

^^ haha...then people would need to stop trick-or-treating and start celibrating my birthday lmao.gif

I like it that people trick-or-treat on my birthday though. Seems very festive, and it's always a fun time of year smile.gif
Old 12-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Dec 12 2005, 02:24 AM)
I think all this is BS, we get too worked up too easily. Some ppl just think friggin weird, I will never understand it.
There's a big thing going on right now on how the ACLU is trying to take "Christ" out of Christmas and make it a general Holiday Season. They won't say a damn thing about Hannukah or Rammadan, the ACLU is always targetting Christianity. The media is doing so as well.
In a press release this week, "Beyond Belief Media has formally declared war on Christmas, the December 25 holiday in which Christians celebrate the birth of the mythical figure Jesus Christ, the company announced... As its opening salvo, Beyond Belief Media has purchased advertisements this week in the New York Times, USA Today and the New Yorker magazine..." BBM president Brian Flemming stated, "Wherever the mythical figure Jesus is celebrated as if he were real, we... will undercut the idea that there is any point at all to celebrating the 'birth' of a character in a fairy tale."

The CEO of Target stores has decided to continue to ban Salvation Army bell ringers from their 1,272 stores nationwide, costing that charity an estimated $9 million (10% of their funds raised during Christmas). Two years ago, the homosexual journal the "Washington (DC) Blade" wrote that "Gay rights groups continue to target the Salvation Army's red kettles, hoping to persuade the Christian charity organization to end its anti-gay policies"; Target has apparently submitted to their demands, also banning the mention of Christmas by employees and in its broadcast and print ads, and banning the use of "Merry Christmas" from their in-store promotions. Meanwhile, Target CEO Robert Ulrich took a bonus of $31.8 million dollars from his personal stock options last year, right before the announcement banning the Salvation Army's red kettles.

Sears/Kmart has apparently banned the use of "Christmas" -- Bill O'Reilly noted that they "would not answer our questions. Spokesman Chris Braithwaite simply ducked the issue. Their website banners: 'Wish Book Holiday 2005.' They were the worst we had to deal with."

* In yet another New Jersey elementary school, a class trip to see the Broadway play "A Christmas Carol" was cancelled under threat of a lawsuit.

* In Palm Beach County Schools in Florida teachers were warned not to allow any Christmas decorations to be displayed.

* Across the country children have been barred from giving out Christmas cards and some banned from using the greeting, "Merry Christmas".

* An Oklahoma Superintendent ordered the students and faculty at Lakehoma Elementary School to remove the nativity scene and not sing "Silent Night" at last year's "holiday" play.

* In a Plano, TX school parents were prohibited from using red and green plates and napkins and could only bring white decorations for "winter" parties.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:17 AM

If you believe in Christmas, it's friggin' Christmas.

If you believe in any other religion, bite your damn tongue and deal with it. Stop ruining the fun for everybody else.

I don't see people celebrating Kwanzaa or Hannukah putting christmas lights on their homes, or christmas trees in their houses. CHRISTMAS IS FOR THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN IT. DON'T BELIEVE IN CHRISTMAS? SHUT UP.

smile.gif
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 AM

Exactly.

Last night my girlfriend said something about how nativity scenes shouldn't be displayed at public schools. I didn't know what to think...thats absurd.

This is a Christian country...it should be no surprise to anyone if they are out in public and see Jesus or any other Christian symbol.

America was built on Christianity, and by saying things can't be called by their Christian names, and that Christian symbols cannot be publicly displayed, you are basically undermining the very foundations of our country.

If we continue to allow America to become a mud puddle of everyone ele's culture and religion, it will only create more problems. While I believe highly in tolerance and acceptance, I do not believe the major religion in a country should be basically removed to make the minority happy.

If America becomes a wish-wash of cultures and religions, with no dominant one, every culture and religion in the country will be constantly competing for dominance and power over the others and it will cause nothing but conflict for EVERYONE.

Christianity built this country, Christianity is dominant here, and Christianity is the majority. We've alreay got a leading religion - why remove it only to create more conflict and eventually replace it by another?

Tearing down the 10 commandments, renaming Christmass trees, hiding Christian symbols from the public, and not allowing the majority to express their views/beliefs openly is not what our forefathers lived and died for.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:04 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I agree with all the points about PC being crap. This is our d*mn country, whether we allow people to live free here of other races/religion, etc for freedom to do/work/worship what they want, not destroy us for giving it to them. There is a fine line there. It actually seems like a never ending battle if you skip to the future, I mean what if Chanukah (sp?) became the majority. Would we try and ban those words, Ramadan(sp?) couldn't be said, no matter what the religion why can I not say one thing but accept saying another. What's the difference that makes it ok. B*tches. They need a can of SHUT THA F*CK UP! I give amd props to homeboy in congrss/house(?) that fought and won to get the White House or National (can't remember) tree to be recognized again as "the CHRISTMAS TREE" an not the holiday tree. How gay is a holiday tree. I don't think South America would allow us to go in and ask them to take down all the Saint Mary monuments built into their building heritage. Why dont we have Iraq remove all Muslim teaching from their schools and society gatherings. It's all nonesense and ashame we are willing to let minorities (including the white's that are stupid enough to want to be politically correct as well) bend our government and change our country's way of life.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I just think it's funny that the folks that want to INCLUDE the minority of beliefs or disgruntled Grinch's are actually EXCLUDING the MAJORITY.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

its pretty absurd that everyone preaches we should be accepting of every culture and people and whatnot, but then b**** about the word christmas. wtf!? does that make any sense?! this whole thing just pisses me off...

also, look at majiktibs last quote

* In a Plano, TX school parents were prohibited from using red and green plates and napkins and could only bring white decorations for "winter" parties.

W T F!?!?! BANNING FVCKIN COLORS!?! yes its true that christmas and red/green are tied together, but seriously its ur own damn fault if u get offended by a fvcking color combination. damn people are stupid

EDIT- you know... that got me thinking. They better start banning long side burns, thats kinda a jewish thing, it might offend people... i mean really, im offended! im gunna shove my red and green in your side burned face! take that! fvckin stupid
Old 12-14-2005, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

haha.gif Om man,

If anyone and their Christianity is offended by my new horribly drawn sig, ...you can suck it. ninja.gif
Old 12-14-2005, 12:47 PM

LMFAO. That is one of the best, and funniest, sigs ever.

I wonder if I am offending people by having decorations outside of my house... or how about the inflatable Mickey Mouse dressed as Santa? MICKEY ISN'T A CHRISTIAN SO HE CAN'T BE DRESSED AS SANTA. OH NO!