Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Charlottesville, VA

Old 08-13-2017, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Charlottesville, VA

Appalling what's going on there right now. White Nationalists
Old 08-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

[Waits for usual suspects to defend "peaceful" Nazi's/]
Old 08-13-2017, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

f*ck them all to death.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I thought I was born too late to fight Nazi. Maybe not.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok here's the timeline as I understand it

• Alt-right tiki torch march goes peacefully, a couple hundred kooks, max. walked around town with a permit
  • At the end of the march, AntiFAggots started a fight
  • Big leftist governor declared an emergency, cancelled the permit for the bigger alt-right rally the next day
  • Turnout was suppressed, as it was officially cancelled
  • Many more curious locals, reporters, and (crucially) AntiFAgs showed up to protest the demonstration (more than the actual demonstrators)
  • Police surrounded the demonstration with double barricades and prevent either side coming in contact
  • except at the exit
  • Police funneled all the demonstrators out into a waiting gauntlet of bats, pepper spray, paintball markers, fists, and insults
  • Police, possibly ordered to stand by, did not prevent the violence that would naturally erupt
  • Violence again, and again caused by outside agitators (mixed with a few stupid locals) who decided to answer words with weapons

President Trump condemned the violence on both sides immediately, then was chastised by the press for not saying it like they wanted, so he did that too.

The crash:

• People were thronging a street
  • Dude drove way too fast down the street where people were gathered
  • Drove into the back of a car, and drove that car into the back of a minivan
  • Before he hit the crowd and much more after, people were beating on his car
  • Many injuries were inflicted, including one fatality - it is unclear to me ATM if the dead girl was attacking the car from behind and got reversed-over
  • Dude backed up and GTFO, later to be arrested and charged with murder
  • Which was over-charging and he will be aqcuitted because it should probably have been manslaughter

Now instead of calling for calm the leftist local government, the leftist press, leftist outside agitators, and a few dumbass alt-right people are all up in a huff, so stand by for a few days of wall-to-wall news coverage because obviously nothing else important is going on in the whole world. After the driver is acquitted of murder look for the hysteria in the press to get turned up to 11 and there will be probably riots, possibly fatal riots.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by i8acobra
[Waits for usual suspects to defend "peaceful" Nazi's/]

Originally Posted by Stocker
Ok here's the timeline as I understand it

• Alt-right tiki torch march goes peacefully, a couple hundred kooks, max. walked around town with a permit
  • At the end of the march, AntiFAggots started a fight
  • Big leftist governor declared an emergency, cancelled the permit for the bigger alt-right rally the next day
  • Turnout was suppressed, as it was officially cancelled
  • Many more curious locals, reporters, and (crucially) AntiFAgs showed up to protest the demonstration (more than the actual demonstrators)
  • Police surrounded the demonstration with double barricades and prevent either side coming in contact
  • except at the exit
  • Police funneled all the demonstrators out into a waiting gauntlet of bats, pepper spray, paintball markers, fists, and insults
  • Police, possibly ordered to stand by, did not prevent the violence that would naturally erupt
  • Violence again, and again caused by outside agitators (mixed with a few stupid locals) who decided to answer words with weapons

President Trump condemned the violence on both sides immediately, then was chastised by the press for not saying it like they wanted, so he did that too.

The crash:

• Many injuries were inflicted, including one fatality - it is unclear to me ATM if the dead girl was attacking the car from behind and got reversed-over
  • Which was over-charging and he will be aqcuitted because it should probably have been manslaughter

Now instead of calling for calm the leftist local government, the leftist press, leftist outside agitators, and a few dumbass alt-right people are all up in a huff, so stand by for a few days of wall-to-wall news coverage because obviously nothing else important is going on in the whole world. After the driver is acquitted of murder look for the hysteria in the press to get turned up to 11 and there will be probably riots, possibly fatal riots.

There it is.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Cliffs notes:

Virginia has even more idiots there than they normally do, which is saying something.

Nazis are still unpopular. This news surprises nobody.

Antifa are violent but popular. I find this surprising, but I seem to be mostly alone on that one.

Physically attacking people because you disagree with them is still anti American regardless of how stupid their cause is. I hope everyone inciting violence or otherwise breaking the law on either side is prosecuted.

I'm not defending "Peaceful Nazis", I'm defending freedom of speech. I defend it for everyone no matter how stupid they may be. I can't believe anyone is still a Nazi in this day and age, they're almost certainly human garbage. That doesn't mean you can physically assault them for their beliefs. If their beliefs lead to unlawful actions, respond accordingly.

If we start picking and choosing who gets to exercise their freedom of speech we've already lost.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Fox reporters repeat this over and over again, and I whole-heartedly agree: "Freedom of speech protects the speech we all hate to hear, not the speech we love." If Nazi-ism doesn't fall into that category, I don't know what does.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Originally Posted by Stocker
The crash:

are you serious? I assume you didn't see the video. That wasn't an accident.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where did I say it was an accident?