Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Change your passwords

Old 08-06-2014, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Elantra
Default Change your passwords

Report: Russian hackers steal 1.2-billion passwords

A published report says Russian hackers have stolen 1.2 billion user names and passwords in a series of Internet heists affecting 420,000 websites.

The New York Times says the thievery was uncovered by Hold Security, a Milwaukee firm that has a history of sifting out online security breaches.

Hold Security didn't immediately respond to inquiries from The Associated Press.

The identities of the websites that were broken into weren't identified by the Times. The newspaper says nondisclosure agreements required Hold Security to keep some information confidential.

The reported break-in is the latest incident to raise doubts about the security measures that both big and small companies are using to protect people's information online.

Security experts believe crooks will continue breaking into computer servers unless companies become more vigilant.

Changed all mine this morning.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I like passwords such as this:

i drive a '13 Gen Coupe

tell me that's gonna be anywhere in your dictionary.

At least not for another week when someone else is compromised.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Do Not Care. I have insurance. If someone really wants into my accounts, no password is gonna stop them.