Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: Do you
text while driving only?
0%
talk while driving only?
12.50%
Both
43.75%
Neither
43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Cell Phones while driving

Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Accent
Default Cell Phones while driving

How many people here talk or text while driving? I dont text too much since I got a touch screen phone (its tough to find the digital buttons when not paying attention), but I definitely do talk alot on it while driving.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Accent

Both...guilty as charged!
Old 06-04-2010, 03:19 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You two are a**holes.

It would be my honor to choke you until you die.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

I do both, but I usually only text at red lights.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:33 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You too. You are an a**hole. Please go to hell and die.

Cellular telephone usage is the #1 cause of accidents.

When a guy rear ended me, he got out of his car.. Guess what he had in his hand....

I hate driving behind someone who is swerving with a cell phone on their ear. Put the f*cker down and concentrate on driving. People are incapable of driving with one hand, keeping themselves steady on the road with their hand raised up to their head. You loose your center of balance and you loose focus on the road.

Get a bluetooth headset, put it on speakerphone and throw it up on your dash, or hang the mother f*cker up, mother f*cker.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:46 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

Whats the difference in talking on a bluetooth and talking using the phone, its no different your still thinking about the conversation not the road. You can say the same thing about talking to a passenger or singing along with the radio. You have to blame the person, not the cell phone.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Vehicle: '97 X3

I ONLY talk on teh fone in an emergency...like when my parents call...and then its for like 5 seconds and i tell em that im driving and hang up lol

i will only text at red lights...RARELY while driving...and if its while driving it takes me like 5 minutes to send 1 message

AND i know i shouldnt be doing either...so thats why i got a windscreen suction mobile fone holder thingy...i can see my fone...and put it on speaker fone if i get a call
Old 06-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I talk and text, although most of my texting while driving now is speech to text and to the point.

As soon as I wreck because of it people can b*tch at me for it. Until then STFU and get off your high horse. I'm sure there is stuff everyone does that someone disagrees with.

I am a better driver while texting than nearly everyone on the road because it's all about prioritizing your attention. Sometimes you can spare the attention, sometimes you can't. I'm not 5 anymore and I can tell the difference. People who have trouble doing that are still prone to crash and will be no matter what.

As far as talking and driving, if you can't do that you are unfit to be driving period. I've probably spent 100 hours on the phone while driving since i got my first cell phone over a decade ago. Yes, with it up to my ear. Once again, it's about prioritizing your attention.

I'm sure a lot of people can't handle it, but it's not like drinking and driving where you're impaired. It's not the act of being on the phone or texting, it's the idiot on the phone or texting. Sure, if you're a douche that can't multitask, you shouldn't do it. If you're an adult and smarter than your phone you should be able to make that decision wisely. I won't text at night or if I'm anywhere near other traffic, but if I'm cruising alone on the highway screw anyone else's beliefs on the issue. I know what's safe and unsafe for me better than anyone else.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

I don't do either, as nothing is so important that it can't wait until I reach my destination. I blame the law for this though. In CT, it's illegal to do either (not to mention a $400 fine if caught), but it's rarely enforced. I'm going to say 1 out of 4 cars I pass on my 32 mile commute has some butt hole that can't wait until they're out of the car to carry on a more than likely worthless conversation on the phone. I wish I could pull some sort of citizens arrest for a cut of the ticket money! I'd be a damn millionaire!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I admit....I have talked and texted on the phone before...but I generally dont do it now. Unless its an emergency, thats the only time I would do it.